XL1s Wait at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old February 20th, 2003, 02:27 PM   #1
Major Player

XL1s Wait

How long did everyone wait for their cameras? I have waited a couple of weeks now, and company said that they are still awaiting production as their is a shortage. The company I ordered with had a good price and have not charged me yet...unlike the last company that tried to screw me over...and they always say I can cancel if I would like. But they respond to all my emails quickly and seem legitimate. After getting screwed by one company, I cancelled their order, (as I said in a post a few weeks back) so I got my money back and changed company. So technically I have been waiting since 2nd of Jan. And as you can all imagine I am so desperate for an XL1s to play with.

Is Canon just very slow at this very moment of time. Or have they really just ran out or very low on Cameras?

Is their just a genuine shortage of PAL format, or have all you american wannabe film producers bought all our PAL format cameras? Any people in the Japan to Indian Ocean area and see a ship headed for the UK...give the Captain a kick up the ass and tell him to hurry up! :)

Anyone in here work for or associated with CANON heard anything?
Christopher Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2003, 02:41 PM   #2
Air China Pilot

I'm sure it's variable.

I got mine a week after I ordered it in Canada.
Old February 20th, 2003, 05:08 PM   #3
Regular Crew

I ordered my xl1s from a highly rated seller on ebay (not a known electronics or camera store) on November 17, 2002 and didn't receive it until February 5, 2003--over 2 months. Believe me, I began to worry but the seller quickly answered my emails, offered me a refund and eventually got the camera to me. She said that her distributor was backed up because of the high demand over the holidays.
Old February 20th, 2003, 05:16 PM   #4
Warden

I got mine in less than a week. If your shopping for the lowest prices expect to wait. These cameras are in stock at many dealers. I'm sure OpTex has them in stock.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2003, 07:44 PM   #5
Major Player

I just got an MA-200 from OPTEX sent quicker than the anticipated. So I have MA200 and no XL1s. So hope the thing is working so I dont have the hassel over that.

I just got a camera for a £150 GBP cheaper than at OPTEX, Cash was in short supply, otherwise I would have went to OPTEX. But the irony is that after waiting for so long. I have saved up the extra it would of cost. But guess I will just have to wait and use the little bit saved up to get a mic. Soon as I can decide which one to get. Every one raves about the K6 & ME66 combo, but the AT835b is a little cheaper as to is Beyer. But dont know whether to wait for lot longer and use on-board mic or get the AT835 a lot quicker.

Life can be so complicated.....hahaha
Christopher Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2003, 12:42 PM   #6
Regular Crew

I ordered my XL-1S last Sunday from B&H in New York and received it Thursday ... even with all the snow that they got hit with! Fast great service. While not a site sponser, they do ship overseas.
Don Libby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2003, 08:06 AM   #7
Major Player

Wait??,

I had to wait 2 months, for delivery of a tri-pod, from late august to mid october, last year. This was due to a lockout of the dock workers on the west coast of the US. Several hundred ships were tied up, waiting to be unloaded. Some didn't sail from US shores untill mid december. I would suggest that this may be the problem. Ordering from US or Canadian companies is usually fairly quick, due to there large inventories.
Old February 23rd, 2003, 11:52 AM   #8
Major Player

I got mine the day after I ordered it - Some 4000 kms away. I was impressed.
Old February 23rd, 2003, 03:20 PM   #9
Regular Crew

I ordered mine from BuyDig.com new year eve and got it Jan 2nd. I also got it at a very good price so sometimes you don't have to wait for the good prices.
Tim Joseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2003, 06:01 AM   #10
Major Player

I ordered from www.zgc.com and I got mine right away configured just the way i wanted, packed right, for a excellent price that challeneged the competition. Great service too.

Sorry to sound like an ad, but ZGC rocks! I ordered from them several times and I got what I wanted right away. They explained what was in stock and what wasn't, but they don't seem to have a problem fufilling canon xl1s right away in several configurations. I see why Chris Hurd endorsed them.
John Threat is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog