UK purchase -- the moral of this story is... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old March 21st, 2003, 03:31 PM   #1
Major Player

..........and the moral of this story is...

We I now have my XL1s, and should be able to try it out good and proper tomorrow. I ordered from www.nomatica.com and www.rgbdirect.com both which said that Canon were in short supply and that they were awaiting stock.....well after sick of waiting I tried to contact Canon to check this out, Canon have plenty phone numbers, but no e-mail, but I was unsuccessfully so I called optex and said they had plenty in stock and that the previous companies were probably talking a whole load of bollocks, and that there was no problems with Canon's.

So any in British Isles that is looking for an XL1s, I have contacted and ordered through a few companies and had no success just a few months of waiting, cancelling orders, re-ordering, etc, etc.....So the moral of this story is if your in Britain get it from Optex and pay the little extra that quoted elsewhere, and save all the hassle!!!!!!
I got the MA-200 from them as well and seemed to be most reasonable priced for this in UK, said they were a little short instock but would get one a week later, but it came earlier than they told me!!! So extra bonus!
Christopher Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2003, 03:43 PM   #2
Warden

I'm glad to hear you finally got your camera. OpTex is a good company.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2003, 05:07 PM   #3
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Good for you, Christopher. You've certainly travelled a long road to get here. Have a ball!

p.s. I'm guessing that your "bollocks" is similar to our "bull by-product".

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2003, 05:55 AM   #4
Wrangler

Rocky Mountain Oysters?

Companies that cater to professionals are usually reliable, if not the cheapest outfits in town. Time is money for professionals, so reliability counts a lot. The cheapest guy in town that caters to consumer market may or may not prove to be reliable.
Don Palomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2003, 02:10 AM   #5
Regular Crew

I am very happy for you Christopher and I hope you enjoy your new XL1s. As I have stated earlier, Optex/DV Warehouse takes their business serious.

Ivan
Ivan Hedley Enger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2003, 01:38 PM   #6
Major Player

Your right Don...sure are Rocky Mountain Oysters....though I would hate to try and eat human ones...hahaha. The term Bollocks is shows negativity of something, ie terrible, something of nought....yet if something is the Dog's Bollocks then its really cool...we're a strange lot over here!! I think that was one of the jokes in the film the 51st State. But dont know how we're the 51st, thought that was Puerto Rico....haha. We were around long before the states. :)
Christopher Hughes is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog