Me66/Beachtek/Audio2 problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old April 5th, 2003, 01:16 AM   #1
Air China Pilot

Me66/Beachtek/Audio2 problem

I'm trying to accomplish using the standard XL1S mic on Audio1 with the Me66 through the Beachtek DXA-4C hooked into Audio2 input for the four channel recording as described in the Beachtek manual. The problem is that while the Xl1S stereo Audio1 input sounds fine, the Me66 input is extremely muted.

In my VCR controls I set it to the 12 bit ST1, ST2 mode. And under Audio 2 I have set it on Mic. All the levels are actually maxed so it 's not a levels problem and the mic is powered up. The Beachtek input is set to mic as well.

When I press on the monitor switch to change from monitoring the stereo mic to the Me66 it sounds good on the headphones.

But when I play back in the VCR mode you can barely hear my test speaking.

I've read the 12 pages of previous threads and it seems to me that everyone has done it right and I'm missing something.
Old April 5th, 2003, 07:17 AM   #2
Warden

It sounds like the channels are recorded out of phase (they are cancelling each other out). Try panning each channel hard left or hard right and what do you get?

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2003, 10:27 AM   #3
Wrangler

did you get this fixed Keith?
Old April 7th, 2003, 01:19 PM   #4
Air China Pilot

Sorry I haven't had time to try this again.

By coincident, a Clipstream client had an audio issue with encoding from an mpg to a Clipstream (stereo to mono). It turned out that his mpg audio channels were out of phase and were cancelling each other out! A common problem perhaps..?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog