sennheiser wireless to xl1s at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old February 8th, 2007, 11:55 AM   #1
New Boot

sennheiser wireless to xl1s

Two questions:

1) which unit should I be purchasing for running the shotgun mich and wireless simoultaneously for the best outdoor audio?

2) will a beach tek dxa-4 work?

I have one here in the shop from my old vx1000 rig but the cannons are in georgia and I have to order before the weekend so i am ready to roll out on the 20th to film. Dont have a chance to test it before then.

Any setting adjustment reccomondations you can make would be apprieciated, i have read the factory settings on the sennheiser wireless may not be optimum.
John Coit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2007, 12:00 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I used the MA-200 and absolutely loved it! Not only did it give me 4 XLR inputs (I used two for the most part) it helped to counterweight the front heavy Camera.

It also has a mounting plate for mounting your reciever.

Also, make sure you have Mic furs/muffs for both your shotgun and Lav. THis is a MUST.
Commandment #11- "Thou shalt Render as thou goest."

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom" (Prov. 1:7)
Bryon Akerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 19th, 2007, 05:13 PM   #3
Major Player

As far as I know, any XLR adapter that uses a stereo mini plug to connect to the XL1, XL1s, or XL2 front mic input will work. I certainly had no difficulty with a Sign Video XLR adapter, which is very close to the BeachTek products.

As far as the back audio inputs are concerned, I don't know. I've always used the MA 100 or 200.
Old February 19th, 2007, 06:15 PM   #4
Wrangler

FWIW, I believe that the Sign Video products were previously marketed under the Studio One nameplate.
Old February 19th, 2007, 07:09 PM   #5
New Boot

when using more than one mic i always us a portable mixer...and out put 1/4'' to rca and into the audio 2 on the xl1s. that way you have full control over both mic's and one isnt hotter than the other or somthing.
Michael Behr is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog