this is wierd...... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog
Can't find it on the XL1 Watchdog site? Discuss it here.

Old September 23rd, 2002, 04:49 AM   #16
Regular Crew

<<<-- Originally posted by Randall3 : I think the problem may be this: The XL1s is not shooting in true 16:9 but rather anamorphic (scrunched by the optically switchable lens.) After editing, you sent it back as a 'true' 16:9 aspect ratio format and the camera did not recognize the code and starting 'hitching' on you. -->>>

The image size should not have anyhting to do with this - the 16:9 issue is not valid in post since it in fact is the same resolution as 4:3. but the pixels are 'stretched' to a different size.

I hope you guys figure it out (don't use fire-wire myself, so I haven't come across this problem). Good luck!
Old September 23rd, 2002, 05:21 AM   #17
Warden

To me this sounds more like computer issues than XL1 troubles. I would suggest that each of you still experiencing problems to post in the appropriate PC or Mac forums here. Your issues could be related to the OS, editing program, hardware/hard drive etc. The more details on OS version, software version, drive brand etc the faster these issues can be solved. thanks and sorry I couldn't help more.

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2002, 09:20 AM   #18
StormFront

If it is a computer issue totaly then why do other cameras perform perfectly on the same system??
Old September 23rd, 2002, 09:36 AM   #19
_redone_

Ive had this problem in the past and i figured out that it was my hard drive.
I had an old ABIT mother board that didnt support ultra DMA for my hard drive...I would suggest to look into that...I would try updating your drivers.
I ran out and bought a new mother board and everything ran flawless.
www.eatdrinkmedia.com
Adam Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2002, 09:39 AM   #20
Warden

This topic is 7 months old and in my opinion involves several nonrelated issues. Canon uses a FireWire protocol called Basic. This can cause capture problems for some users. Canon does not provide any updates or firmware updates for the cameras involving this issue. It complies with FireWire standards. However, some NLE software has difficulty with FireWire Basic. The fix is for the software company to provide a fix, update or script. It is my opinion that multiple unrelated issues are being discussed and people may try suggested fixes that are not appropriate for their problems and would waste their time. If everyone posts to the appropriate Mac or PC forum with complete info about their system, computer, software, NLE etc. more detailed and appropriate help may be forthcoming.

Jeff
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Canon EOS / MXF / AVCHD / HDV / DV Camera Systems > Canon HDV and DV Camera Systems > Canon XL and GL Series DV Camcorders > Canon XL1S / XL1 Watchdog