DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Aspect HDv5 + PPro 2.0 issues on Playback (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/100042-aspect-hdv5-ppro-2-0-issues-playback.html)

Simon Heymans July 29th, 2007 04:27 PM

Aspect HDv5 + PPro 2.0 issues on Playback

Hi Cineform guys,
I am currently editing a project for which I captured my footage through HD Link a while ago (Build 85 I think).
I just installed Build 87 (latest one) and whenever I time reverse a clip I can't playback in realtime. I get a black video with a red cross on the top left of the monitor?!Also I get the same thing when I add black bars on top of my clip! Scrubbing is fine!
I don't know if this is linked to the fact that I captured the .avi files through HDLink with a previous build but it's pretty anoying!

Also the Quicktime encoding in After effects still doesn;t work :(

One thing I noticed is that in the Add/Remove programs I don't have anywhere the "Cineform HD VFW Codec". I mention this because on the "clean" uninstallation of Cineform components this is supposed to be removed!

Steven Gotz July 29th, 2007 07:19 PM

I can not play back reversed video in realtime either. The file I tried was from a previous HDLink version. I don't know if it was that way before though.

Rendering works.

David Newman July 29th, 2007 10:24 PM

We don't support real-time reverse playback, and we never have, so no feature was removed. ;) Yes rendering a reverse motion will work fine.

Simon Heymans July 30th, 2007 09:37 AM

Hi David,
Do you know if it's the same for clips on which the motion was changed.
I just tried to lower a clip (because of black bars) and when playing back the video jumps forward every 2-3 sec as if there were missing frames!

Anyone had the same issue?

David Newman July 30th, 2007 09:53 AM

Simon, the motion interface is supported in real-time. Sorry, I don't understand your question.

Simon Heymans July 30th, 2007 11:00 AM

Hi David,
In premiere I changed the motion position of the clip, so intead of having the default position to 640 I changed to 560 for example.
After that I don;t have any real playback anymore, realtime works when I change the scale but not the position.
Is this normal?

David Newman July 30th, 2007 11:02 AM

That is not normal. Open a trouble ticket with cineform.com/support and submit all details.

Steven Gotz July 30th, 2007 11:29 AM

Just to verify David's statement, I put a Cineform AVI from a previous version on the sequence, but a title on it to create bars on the top and bottom, and moved the clip down to show the topmost part of the frame, and it was all realtime. No problem.

How did you create the black bars?

Simon Heymans July 31st, 2007 03:12 AM

Hi Steven & David,
I have been opening a few tickets for Aspect HD (2 so far have not been resolved for a while now -concerning quicktime rendering in AE:( snif)
However I created the black bars by putting a black video on top of my clip. On this black video I put a crop of more or less 15% on top and bottom. I added than an alpha invert so that the black bars would show on the top and the bottom.
Doing this I can't play in real-time I get a black video with red cross on the top left.
I changed the position of the video because the black bars where hidding important elements and again no real-time playback!
Unselecting (hidding) the black video on top I still get the same issue!

Could this be linked to the fact that in the Add/Remove programs I don't have anywhere the "Cineform HD VFW Codec". See my first post!

I just posted a ticket to cineform!

Steven Gotz July 31st, 2007 08:59 AM

Simon,

I don't have a "Cineform HD VFW Codec" in my list either.

Let me say that your method of putting black bars on the video is interesting, but way too complicated in comparison to using a title template.

Having said that, I can tell you that I get a black screen with a red X when I try your way as well. Apparently "Crop" is one of the features that is not yet supported in realtime by Cineform. Quite a few are not yet supported. Give them time. It does work OK if you render. So I suggest giving up the hard way and use the easy way. The easy way is supported.

Go into the titler and pull up the title templates under Mattes and select Letterbox. If the black bars are too big, simply increase the scale of the title using Motion. If they are too small, then open title again and manually increase the size of the black bars.

By the way, my way not only plays back in realtime, it doesn't even require a render!

Simon Heymans July 31st, 2007 09:05 AM

Hi Steven,
Thanks for the tip, i have been using my method for a while and never tried to find a new way. So great I learned something and yours is simpler indeed!

However concerning the motion position change I guess this is really an issue within Cineform!

Steven Gotz July 31st, 2007 09:26 AM

Simon,

The position change is not causing the problem. The crop is. At least on my system. I can change position without creating the need for a render.

Simon Heymans August 3rd, 2007 02:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am reopening this thread as I am facing other issues w/ playback of HDLink captured footage.
A while ago I shot footage in 60i and using HDlink I converted them to 24p (slow-motion). My project is in 24p. When importing the footage in the timeline I can't read in real-time, that's ok I guess it's normal.
When I scrub the footage the video seems fine. However after rendering and playing back I get a video with many stripes.
See attachment left side how it looks like before rendering and right after rendering?!

Anyone had this issue before?

David Newman August 3rd, 2007 09:10 AM

Contact support at cineform.com/support.