CineForm codec in Vegas 7? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 10th, 2007, 06:13 AM   #1
New Boot

CineForm codec in Vegas 7?

With Sony HVR-Z1 I also received full version of Vegas 7 with CineForm HD Codec V2.9.2. Vegas 7 exports to CineForm very well and I was quite delighted the codec appeared also in Premiere and After Effects but when I tried to export from Adobe appz I received the massage:

"This application is not licensed for CineForm HD encoding. Please visit CineForm.com to purchase your upgrade."

It seems little strange to me.

1. It mean that I am the owner of the license in Vegas 7 and on the same PC I am breaking the copyright law with Adobe products when I am exporting?

2. What exactly mean "purchase your upgrade"? May I buy just some upgrade or I need to buy the full version of Cineform product anyway?

Thanks.

Last edited by Mojmir Pribis; August 10th, 2007 at 08:34 AM.
Mojmir Pribis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2007, 09:07 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Sony only paid for a license for encoding within Vegas. So the CineForm encoder will work fine in Vegas, but only decode elsewhere. To get the same functionality as Vegas in other tools, you need at least NEO HDV which is $249.
Old August 10th, 2007, 02:19 PM   #3
Trustee

David is too shy to ask for the money, perhaps, but as a user of Aspect HD in Premiere Pro and After Effects, I highly suggest that you go with Aspect HD instead of NEO. The acceleration inside Premiere Pro is significant.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase