NEO HD, Sony V1U, HVR-60 sync issues at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 28th, 2007, 06:29 PM   #1
Tourist

NEO HD, Sony V1U, HVR-60 sync issues

We shot our documentary feature with the Sony V1U camera using Tape and the Sony HVR-60 HD recorder as back up. There are some days that we only shot tape, some days where we only shot drive and some days we used both.

I am encountering a sync issue. Here is my workflow.

Capture Sony V1U tape using NEO HD applying 3-2 pulldown on ingest. Setting are per Cineforms website recommendations for the Sony V1U. It is set for QT .mov files and automatically converting to Cineform Intermediate files.

I then apply the same setting to the .mt2 files from the drive. I took a shoot day where we shot both tape and drive and created cineform quicktimes on both. I then moved the files to the FCP (v6.x) system we are going to be cutting on. I found the audio on the Quicktime files captured from tape to be about 1 frame early from picture. I then synced up the same shot from the drive material that was converted and the audio was 2 frames earlier than the tape material and 3 frames early against picture.

There seems to be a problem with converting the .mt2 files to the cineform intermediate.

Please advise.

Thanks,

George
George Bours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2007, 07:13 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

That is very odd, as whether we capture form tape or from and existing file, M2T files are used in the process, making the conversion workflow nearly identical. Tape is streamed to a M2T files which it then immediately read and sent to the file conversion tools, just as it would be existing files. As we never heard of this in the AVI capture/convert tools which have been around forever, it must be Quicktime only issue. Anyway, sounds like a question for tech support, they have all that equipment so it can be tested in-house pretty easily -- and hopefully a quick fix. Please submit a trouble ticket with these details here : http://cineform.com/support/ then click on "Submit a ticket."
Old August 28th, 2007, 08:12 PM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Also you may also want to pre-upload a sample M2T file for support as, I just tested the conversion an 24p in 60i M2T to AVI and MOV and compared the sync -- both were spot on.
Old August 29th, 2007, 10:27 AM   #4
Tourist

I will send an .mt2 file. I started a trouble ticket already. I already sent a converted file from the mt2 file and will sends a converted file of the same take from tape.

Thanks
George Bours is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase