DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Best install procedure for CS3 and Aspect HD (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/102496-best-install-procedure-cs3-aspect-hd.html)

Frank Pitsikalis July 31st, 2007 09:31 PM

Aspect HD v.5 and CS3 installation problems

Finally got my CS3 Production Premium package and looked forward to upgrading this evening.

As per "thin" Cineform instructions:

Uninstalled AHD v.5 build 82, installed CS3 successfully and tried installing AHD v.5 build 87...no go.

AHD installer halts in the middle and states: "Could not locate Adobe Premiere Pro plugin registry key". "Back" and "Next" keys are disabled and can only "Cancel".

How come I feel like I've been here before?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

David Newman July 31st, 2007 10:05 PM

Sounds like you are missing Premiere registry key. This is deleted by a Premiere uninstall of any older version of Premiere.
Here is the key : Save this text into a fixreg.reg file (modify the path into the reg file to match your install) and double click the reg file then re-install Aspect HD.

----- Cut here ----
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Premiere Pro\CurrentVersion]
"Plug-InsDir"="C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Common\\Plug-ins\\CS3\\MediaCore"

-------------------

Frank Pitsikalis August 1st, 2007 07:43 PM

Cineform AHD PPro CS3 installation problem

Thanks David.

That got the Cineform installer to complete.

If I launch PPro CS3 there are no presets for Cineform.

Do I have to do something manually?

My clips play fine in WMP but on the PPro CS3 timeline they play with horizontal banding (likely related to not having the Cineform preset).

Sorry about posting here but since the knowledgebase on your support site has limited, out of date information it helps users like myself when common problems/solutions are posted here.

David Newman August 1st, 2007 08:00 PM

Please file a trouble ticket at cineform.com/support.

In meantime try this : It seems your Premiere install didn't end up anything we are expecting.

Modify your registry to match your plugins path exactly. Like this:

"Plug-InsDir"="C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\\Plug-ins\\en_US"

then run the reg file

Un-install then Re-install Aspect HD.

Frank Pitsikalis August 2nd, 2007 02:34 PM

That didn't work. I even tried uninstalling AHD, re-installing PPro CS3 again and re-installing AHD. Same behaviour.

I will try opening another support ticket.

David Newman August 2nd, 2007 03:23 PM

Where is your Premiere installed? What path?

Adam Gold August 30th, 2007 12:46 PM

Best install procedure for CS3 and Aspect HD

Well, I've decided to bite the bullet and upgrade from PPro 1.5.1 with the free Cineform license plug-in to the Full CS3 Suite and Aspect HD. CS3 PS has arrived and I'm about to install. Am I correct in thinking this is the optimal sequence of events:

--Install all of CS3
--DL and install all updates from Adobe
--DL and install Aspect

Am I further correct in assuming that the DL link for Aspect will always be the latest version with all the updates and fixes?

Any advice from the Davids and any others with experience in this would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

ag

Steven Gotz August 30th, 2007 01:27 PM

Your procedure is sound.

The downloads are the most current. Of course, these guys release a lot of new loads. I have always tried to update within a day or two of the release. It has never been a mistake as far as I can remember.

Adam Gold August 30th, 2007 01:54 PM

Thanks, Steven. I'll get it going now. Of course, with the size of this whole suite, I should be installing until next week...

Dearl Golden August 30th, 2007 06:44 PM

I'm about to upgrade to the CS3 suite also and currently have Aspect 5 installed with CS2. When installing CS3, should I unstall Aspect first and then reinstall after CS3 install, updates, etc?

Ray Bell August 30th, 2007 07:19 PM

Dearl, That would be the best way.... unload Cineform then load the new
Adobe software, then reload the cineform, this way all programs get linked
to the Cineform Software

Dearl Golden August 30th, 2007 09:22 PM

Thanks for the reply, Ray. One more question has come to mind...Does CS3 install over CS2? I'd like to leave PPro2 and Audition installed and usable.

David Newman August 30th, 2007 09:40 PM

Old CS2 installs are left perfectly intact.

Paul Mailath April 2nd, 2008 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 721546)
Sounds like you are missing Premiere registry key. This is deleted by a Premiere uninstall of any older version of Premiere.
Here is the key :
-------------------

a quick search on my problem and ...

thank you