Cineform Project to DVD at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 6th, 2007, 12:43 PM   #1
Major Player

Cineform Project to DVD

This is a confounding one... any thoughts would be appreciated.

I've completed a project in C2 Premiere with Aspect 4.x.

I output, as usual, a finished CFHD AVI... then convert via TMPGenc to my MPEG2/AC3 files for Encore DVD.

Load the files into Encore.... preview is perfect. Build the DVD, either to Image, Disc, or Folder.... and audio sync drifts (this is only a 4 minute project).

Load previous TMPGenc encodes from other projects into the same Encore DVD project, and sync is good.

Thinking that it is most likely an Encore issue... I try outputting a DVD Folder directly from Premiere........ Same exact trouble.

A more precise breakdown of my workflow (which I use time and time again with no problem) is as follows:

1 - capture 1080i footage
2 - edit
3 - add VO
4 - output a WAV of sync sound and VO track
5 - mix sync sound/VO with music bed in Vegas
6 - drop finished/mastered audio mix back into Premiere project
7 - output CFHD AVI edited master
8 - load edited master into TMPGenc for conversion and/or de-interlacing

In the past, I have run into some sync issues if the Work Area Bar has an audio gap at the beginning of the region.... but I have tried every combo of audio output on this problem to no avail.

Anyone?
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase