DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Encore crashing with Cineform installed. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/103131-encore-crashing-cineform-installed.html)

Dave Campbell September 8th, 2007 07:20 PM

Encore crashing with Cineform installed.

Just found this thread on the encore forum.

have a 720 30p project. I try to export as a flash movie with adobe media encoder. I choose the 720p quartersize default. The whole application crashes. The command console pops up with this message.

-OMP abort: Initializing libguide.lib, but found libguide40.lib already initializ
ed.
This can cause performance degradation.
Set environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK=TRUE if you want your program to c
ontinue in this case.

I have tried using 2 different projects using the cineform codec in one and native hdv in another.

Does anyone else get this result?

I am having the SAME EXACT PROBLEM! I just posted a response to a similar thread on this topic. It's funny.. all three of us having this problem have Cineform installed on our machines. I wonder if that is the culprit??? Anyone have any answers?

I tried it and I crashed too. I have Aspect HD on this system.

So here is the solution. Do exactly as your system is telling you to do. Set the environment variable to allow it. Let's assume Cineform is using something that needs to be shared until told other wise.

Here are the instructions. I rebooted after I did this but I don't really know if it was necessary or not.

Under certain circumstances, Premiere Pro can crash with the error message: Set ENV Var KMP_Duplicate_Lib_ok = True. If this happens, proceed as follows:

Right-click on the desktop icon: My Computer. choose: Advanced, then Environment Variables, then New enter as name: KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK, enter as value: TRUE exit with OK
If you are like me, and do not have a "My Computer" icon on your desktop, go into the Windows Explorer and do it.

Right-click on the Start button and select Explore Right-click on the My Computer folder and select Properties. choose: Advanced, then Environment Variables, then New enter as name: KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK, enter as value: TRUE exit with OK
I tried this and it worked fine. I let Cineform know my solution and perhaps they will find that it needs to be posted on their site as a solution, or it may not be their fault and it might just look that way since we all have Cineform. So far, at least. I am sure they will check into it.

So, any root cause and fix?

Dave

got the error after installing Cineform's NEO Player. Adding the EV mentioned resolved the issue in Premiere for me, but I still get it trying to export SWF from Encore CS3. Can anyone confirm?

If I delete the EV and uninstall NEO Player, both Premiere and Encore export to FLV without issue. It definitely looks like the plug-in is the culprit.

David Newman September 8th, 2007 10:53 PM

THIS IS AN ADOBE BUG!

Adobe is not using the Intel libraries correctly, please complain firmly to Adobe. Both Adobe and CineForm use the Intel OpenMP threading tools, yet Adobe doesn't share. Intel tells us Adobe is use them wrong. We can't fix this short of turning off multi-core optimizations.

Dave Campbell September 9th, 2007 04:59 PM

Thanks!!!!

At least there is a work around.

Dave