DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Neo HD and Prospect (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/103381-neo-hd-prospect.html)

Larry Secrest September 12th, 2007 06:36 AM

Neo HD and Prospect

Hi,
I'm going to either buy a Sony V1 or a Canon XH-A1.
I've been editing DV with Vegas 7, should Have 8 soon.

I'm not familiar with HDV editing, I'm going to learn in the next weeks.

Can somebody tell me whether I need both Neo HD and Prospect and what do they do exactly differently from each other. I found the information on their site not that clear.
I understand Prospect is an intermediate codec that let me edit HDV, but what does Neo HD do exactly? Do I need Neo if I have prospect? Can I have only Neo and not prospect and still edit HDV in an intermediate codec?
Thanks
Larry

David Newman September 12th, 2007 08:50 AM

We knew our website is in great need of an update, clearly you comments are more evidence.

Prospect HD is an enhanced version NEO HD for Premiere Pro and main difference is the Premiere accelerator. If you working with Vegas NEO HD is the price effective choice. If you do use Vegas and Premiere, then Prospect HD works with both.

Christopher Glaeser September 12th, 2007 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 743088)
We knew our website is in great need of an update, clearly you comments are more evidence.

Great products and exceptional support, but yes, the website is quite confusing to me. In particular, it's difficult to understand the product line based on the information on the website.

Best,
Christopher

Larry Secrest September 12th, 2007 07:09 PM

Thanks for your answer, I'll try Neo then

Joe Carney September 13th, 2007 12:56 PM

Quote:

Prospect HD is an enhanced version NEO HD for Premiere Pro and main difference is the Premiere accelerator. If you working with Vegas NEO HD is the price effective choice. If you do use Vegas and Premiere, then Prospect HD works with both.

Can the same be said for After Effects and Vegas 8?

Alan Waters September 18th, 2007 06:40 AM

Quote:

Great products David but your whole website needs to be pulled down and built from the ground up...not "upgraded" IMO.

What is the difference between Prospect HD and Prospect 2K?

David Newman September 18th, 2007 09:30 AM

Anyone want to re-do our website in exchange for software?

The product matrix here : http://www.cineform.com/products/Aspect-Prospect.htm explains some the differences in Prospect HD to 2K.

The huge diffence is Prospect 2K is a 4:4:4 and 4:4:4:4 in addition to YUV 4:2:2. So P-2K is for film projects, P-HD is for broadcast projects. P-2K also support HD+ resolutions to 2048x2048. I think everyone can beneift from Prospect 2K, just become it is the most flexible -- the new 4:4:4:4 mode mean you can encode alpha channels.

P.S. I serious able the web-site update in exchange for software. :)

Aidan Wynne September 19th, 2007 10:03 AM

Thats a great offer David....somebody should take you up on it.

Only two things against me doing it would be the shop end of it which are beyond my skills and the fact I am in Europe.

My best advice for you would be that as your software is a video product, then you need to have a nice video front end that displays effects of the software as well as graphics that does your company justice.

Class software deserves a class website to showcase it to the world.
I believe the high rollers in the advertising industry call it branding and all that.

And before anyone says that you have to cater for dial-up users....I doubt that anyone who is not willing to pay for broadband would be buying your products anytime soon.