CineForm and Sony Vegas 8 - Page 6 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 21st, 2007, 01:32 PM   #76
Major Player

It could be my particular computer,but it shouldn't be, the one in question is a laptop, 3.2 gig 1 gig of ram 300 gig ext HD. absolutely no issues with V7 but V8 is a real problem when using cineform NEO HDV, Fresh clean xp install, etc, Off ice computer is a desktop, seems to have issues, yet! I really think its V8 and some quirky issues. Of course I never hear back from Sony,
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2007, 02:40 PM   #77
Major Player

David: RE:
Yes CineForm components are working fine in Vegas 8. Re-install your CineForm product as it sounds like you simply missing the CineForm VFW codec.

If all software is up to date could I be missing thid codec, I have nothing but problems with V8/cineform NEO HDV
Old September 21st, 2007, 02:45 PM   #78
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You seem to be the only one now that the Vegas 8 issue has settled. Your errors sound more like Vegas issues, as we have nothing to do with .veg files. In a new project load CineForm AVIs, verify that the codec version is 3.3, not 2.8 within Vegas itself. See if you get the crash with the new project.
Old September 21st, 2007, 07:30 PM   #79
Major Player

Please Give me the steps to verify, and I definitely agree its a vegas 8 issue, 7 was no problem, ano my issue on this computer is still a problem, cannot save cineform avi clips, then open again, thats when 8 crashes for me, If I put new cineform clips on the timeline, edit, render, its ok, its when I try to save them as a veg. file, then re-open it crashes. regular m2t file are not a problem, I did try renaming the cfhd.dll file, didn't seem to help, but I do want to verify the cineform codec if you let me know steps
Old September 21st, 2007, 07:59 PM   #80
Major Player

I found it, should have know all along. cineform codec is 3.3.0 so thats right, all pointing to a vegas flaw, hope its not one of many like window.
Old September 23rd, 2007, 03:25 PM   #81
Regular Crew

I have Neo HDV 3.11 with 3.3 Codec..Found out that avi footage goes on the timeline but when I try to use preview in player I get a need to purchase Cineform HD codec warning box. Granted this is the demo version of Vegas 8 since I am still waiting for my box to arrive from sony. Anyone else notice this? In addition..it took me to reload Cineform after vegas install and also downloaded the neoplayer.
Old September 28th, 2007, 12:25 AM   #82
Regular Crew

Update:

Just upgraded from Neo HDV to NEO HD..Now Preview to player runs fine with this setting. I am also converting my previous HDV footage to HD 1920x1080 and in Vegas 8 it recognizes it without any hiccups.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 07:27 PM   #83
Regular Crew

Hi David,

Did you have the chance to talk to Dave Hill about this timecode issue? Any progress on this?

Pete
Peter Plevritis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #84
Regular Crew

Vegas into After Effects

I've been using Cineform Neo HDV to capture footage from Sony V1U and Canon HV20 directly into Cineform avi's and using them in Vegas. I just started using After Effects; If I wanted to export a clip from Vegas and use in AE, can I export as a Cineform avi format to use in AE? Or, given that I have Neo HDV, would I have to export as an m2t file and then import into After Effects
James Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2007, 09:32 AM   #85
CTO, CineForm Inc.

NEO gives you direct CineForm AVI support in After Effects.
Old October 18th, 2007, 02:51 AM   #86
Regular Crew

Updated to 8.0a

Just updated to 8.0a. Did the same thing as before. Luckily re-naming the Sony's CFHD.DLL trick still works. Just thought you should know David.
Old October 18th, 2007, 10:01 AM   #87
CTO, CineForm Inc.

That is little sad, why didn't Sony fix their bug?
Old October 18th, 2007, 11:19 AM   #88

Considering that I, and a few others, made formal inputs to their Tech Support, it would seem they've overlooked this little problem.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 12:07 PM   #89
Inner Circle

Vegas user and Neo

I edit weddings. What is Cineform (Neo) and how might it benefit me? I went to their site, but it is still unclear to me what the product is for.
Jeff Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2007, 12:52 PM   #90
CTO, CineForm Inc.

As weddings are less about image enhancement, you may not benefit as much from CineForm. The CineForm products are design with a quality bias, for use in effects and color grading; which is why we particular appeal to the filmmaking crowd.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase