DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Activation / Registration issues (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/103918-activation-registration-issues.html)

Marc Salvatore September 19th, 2007 03:13 PM

Activation / Registration issues

I just purchased NEO HDV and followed all the instructions for activation. When I tried to enter my activation key that I recieved it does not work. When I go to the Cineform website to file a ticket they say my e-mail is not in their database. This is a pain... is there a number I can call them at?

Marc

David Newman September 19th, 2007 04:44 PM

Not normally difficult to register. The phone number is on the web site under "About CineForm." But if you email support@cineform.com or file a trouble it normal gets addressed faster.

Marc Salvatore September 19th, 2007 06:20 PM

Got it worked out with tech support. Because I had the demo previously installed it was giving me two system codes and I needed to choose the "enhanced" one. Tech support was quick and helpful.

Thank you.

Marc

Jim Browning February 2nd, 2008 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc Salvatore (Post 747000)
Got it worked out with tech support. Because I had the demo previously installed it was giving me two system codes and I needed to choose the "enhanced" one. Tech support was quick and helpful.Marc

I just had this problem, figured out what was happening and solved it myself by re-registering using the enhanced "hardware fingerprint". Choosing the "enhanced" fingerprint needs to go into the directions.. I almost lost a couple of days of planned importing, since I chose to do the purchase/registration/validation over the weekend, when support was closed. Also, the "Buy Now" button, that shows when you load an unregistered copy, takes you to the registration page, instead of the purchase page. That is confusing; you start entering registration info when you don't have the info you need, having not yet purchased the software.

David Taylor February 3rd, 2008 08:17 PM

Jim, can you point me to the bad link?

Jim Browning February 4th, 2008 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Taylor (Post 819644)
Jim, can you point me to the bad link?

Sorry for the delay, was a hectic weekend... will get it to you as soon as I am back home... if I can.. it comes up when you need to register the software, and I have now done that. But I need to install the new version, and that will probably show me the link.

Jim Browning February 6th, 2008 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Browning (Post 819922)
Sorry for the delay, was a hectic weekend... will get it to you as soon as I am back home... if I can.. it comes up when you need to register the software, and I have now done that. But I need to install the new version, and that will probably show me the link.

Upgrading to the latest release didn't bring up the window that has the bad link, nor does running the activation script. I think I'd have to deactivate, or install the demo version on a different computer, to get that link to pop up. Will try the latter as soon as I have time.

David Samiran February 6th, 2008 07:57 PM

How long to recieve Activation key?

Hello
Last week I had to reinstall winxp and forgot to deactivate AspectHD.
I submitted a trouble ticket and was sent a reply to the ticket that I was to register with the the new sys code. I did that on Monday 2/4/08. How long does it take to get a new Activation code? I'm on about the 10th day of trial so I'm okay but.. Just wanted to know how long it usually takes.

Thanks for your time.

David Taylor February 6th, 2008 09:15 PM

David, your question was kind of user specific, so I sent you an email - take a look there so we can get you taken care of....

David Samiran February 6th, 2008 11:05 PM

How long to recieve Activation key?

Yes, it worked this time. Problem resolved.
Thank you David

Chris Zinner February 12th, 2008 09:48 AM

Prospect HD/2K activation/deactiavation problems

***we tried to send this text as a ticket to cineforms help desk, but the ticket service is not working for weeks now. so we're trying to get some help here in this forum***

Hello!

Our problem is that we did not deactivate Prospect HD before our free upgrade to Prospect 2K. So we're having problems ever since.
Now that we wanted to update to the latest version of Prospect 2K our license stopped working. Prospect 2K tells us that the trial peroid has expired. Since we originally bought the software this should not be happening.

We think that we need a new serial for our copy of Prospect 2K so that we can update to the latest version.

Please also tell us the workflow after you sent us a new serial.
Shall we install our original version of Prospect HD, then wait for a new serial you send to us, and then update Prospect HD to Prospect 2K and then to the latest version of Prospect 2K?

We're a little confused about how to get Prospect 2K working again. Please help us with that, thanks in advance

We own 3 copies of Prospect HD(/2K), one for Ingest and two for editing.

Please somebody tell Cineform that their support system is down. This is getting urgent by now, we can't do SDI HD as long as Prospect is not working.

David Taylor February 12th, 2008 10:16 AM

Chris, send me an email and include the S/N you're having trouble with. dtaylor at cineform dot com. We'll get you taken care of.

Bob Berg February 15th, 2008 11:13 AM

Watch out when the System Code changes...

I had to replace a motherboard recently and was afraid Prospect HD wouldn't continue to work. I had not reinstalled any software and the disk array was untouched by my hardware issues. To my surprise, Premiere Pro CS3 and Prospect HD still ran fine, but Activate was now reporting a new System Code value, different from the one I had originally used to obtain an Activation Key.

Fearing there would be problems later, I told Cineform support what had happened, and they reset my S/N so I could get a new Activation Key using the new System Code being reported by Activate. (WRONG! ERROR! DANGER WILL ROBINSON! Why? Read on...)

So I go to the Cineform website, get an Activation Key emailed to me, created with the new System Code. Almost immediately, I realize that I need to "De-Activate" the software before I can re-Activate it using this new Activation Key. So I de-activate it. (The de-activation process gives me something that I've never seen before called a "de-activation" key that, to my SERIOUS REGRET, I do not write down...I already HAD my new Activation Key, right?) WRONG again!

The System Code CHANGES YET AGAIN (!) after de-activation! (Who knows why? My hardware hadn't changed!) and the new Activation Key is completely useless!

And, since I had "consumed" my 2nd attempt at activation from the Cineform Website using the 2nd System Code reported by the Activate program BEFORE I had de-activated, I must now wait for Cineform Support to reset my S/N again and let me have still ANOTHER Activation key. (Ticket # 611-5719475) (I guess I'll call them if I don't hear from them in a while!)

I have no idea why the process of de-activating caused the System Code to change a third time. Does anyone?

I greatly regret not making note of the "de-activation" code. My Prospect HD is looking a bit like a $999 boat anchor as I wait for Cineform to allow me to use it again on the system I originally installed it on (the only system it has EVER been installed on and the only one it ever will be. I'm not running "Yo Ho Ho" Software here or anything...) (Sure, it runs in 15-day TRIAL mode now, but I'm not sure what that means in terms of limited functionality.)

I honestly doubt that it would have helped me to have saved the De-Activation code after making the mistake of acquiring a new Activation Key using the 2nd System Code displayed by Activate, before De-Activating. I would probably be supplying Cineform a "De-Activation" key that wouldn't match the 2nd System Code that their server now believes my software has been Activated under! (What a tangled mess, to be sure!)

Cineform needs to make this Activate / De-Activate, or "when do I care if the System Code changes" thing a whole lot more obvious. What are the rules?

1. Will the software keep running if the System Code is not the one you used to Activate it?

2. What happens if you uninstall and install an update on a system running with a changed System Code?

3. When DO I need to worry about it and when don't I? In this case, should I have even bothered to sweat all this brain damage since the software was still running just fine after the motherboard swap, having been activated under the OLD System Code? (As in, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!")

When Cineform support reset my S/N for re-activation attempt number 1, they did not mention that I needed to make sure I had already de-activated the software (if it was still running) BEFORE requesting the 2nd Activation Key from their website.

Yikes!

Bob Berg February 15th, 2008 03:26 PM

Good to go again...

I am good to go again after being reset by Cineform Support.

Thanks, guys.

I still don't know why the System Code would change through the De-Activation process.

David Newman February 15th, 2008 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Berg (Post 827008)
I am good to go again after being reset by Cineform Support.

Thanks, guys.

I still don't know why the System Code would change through the De-Activation process.

That is a requirement, otherwise you can re-activate with you old key and our server wouldn't be aware of it, give you unlimited licenses. De-activation is designed to move a license from one PC to another.