GeForce 8800 Series and AspectHD - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old September 12th, 2008, 12:05 PM   #16
Trustee

Any word on this? LIke I stated above, 6 months ago, is there a reason that Cineform "has to" use overlay? Again, I am working in Premiere using desktop setup with CIneform so that I can get full screen video on the 2nd screen. I simply lose all realtime accelleration of Cineform during this process. Since I start with Cineform files and render to cineform I assume that the realtime engine is all I am missing.

Thanks.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2008, 12:31 PM   #17
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Adobe's engine is slower and not available for us to tap into. Most Nvidia users just stretch their desktop and fill the second monitor with the program window, that removes most of the issues. Overlay is not used this way.
Old September 12th, 2008, 01:54 PM   #18
Trustee

I have 3 monitors. 2 DVI LCDs as my workstation desktop and a HDTV as my preview monitor. The HDTV is set off to the left side of my main screens, by itself, not really part of my desktop.
Currently that is where the full screen overlay goes. When editing in Adobe Native modes, that is the screen I assign to be the full screen output. It works great. As a plus, most media clips in media player and other apps get displayed full screen here also.

If I go with the Geforce 8800 I lose that overlay so how do I go about stretching premiere to the left side, away from my desktop onto this screen without completely and utterly messing up the layout of Premiere itself and causing hardships to the workflow? Add to this, the television is a 1280x720 display, and my primary desktop is 1920x1200 so when I stretch Premiere, it get's even more discombobulated (sp?)as the layou doesn't match both resolutions at once. Am I missing something? Is there a function of premiere that would let me move a duplicate of the output monitor to this other screen by itself , allowing me to work in the layout that is most natural?

Thanks
Old September 12th, 2008, 02:04 PM   #19
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Sorry, have no solution for that setup.
Old September 12th, 2008, 02:18 PM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Sorry, have no solution for that setup.
Thanks. As we all know with film cameras, physical ergonomics play a big role in our decsions, not just technical specs. If I was just editing straight up on 2 monitors stretching would probably work. But as of now, the 8800 still eludes me. I'd switch outright to ATI but I have 2 NVidia cards in my system to handle 3 screens. If I go to ATI I need to invest in 2 new cards.

Out!
Old October 16th, 2008, 12:24 AM   #21
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Hudzik View Post
Thanks. As we all know with film cameras, physical ergonomics play a big role in our decsions, not just technical specs. If I was just editing straight up on 2 monitors stretching would probably work. But as of now, the 8800 still eludes me. I'd switch outright to ATI but I have 2 NVidia cards in my system to handle 3 screens. If I go to ATI I need to invest in 2 new cards.
Getting one good ATi card (4850w/hdmi-out) and one cheaper ATi card(looking at a Radeon HD2400 XT at $23 at my local PC shop) , would be a minor expense considering what you have spent on the setup, and have it work the way you designed. Consider also how much you could regain from the sale of your two Nvidia cards.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase