After updating to AHD 5 I can't import m2t files to PPRO CS3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 7th, 2007, 09:31 PM   #1
Trustee

After updating to AHD 5 I can't import m2t files to PPRO CS3

I have recently updated to Aspect HD5. Several of my projects do not require using an intemediate codec so I capture using AspectHD but directly to .m2t file. I have Canon 30f footage from an H1 spread across 4 tapes and I am capturing into a 30f preset. I also tried other presets and the errors still occur.

This worked fine with version 4. However now I get the following error when inporting into CS3.

Premiere Pro has encountered an error.
[..\..\SRC\Time.cpp-105]

So now i have 4 hours of raw .m2t files that will not import into PPro Cs3.

Any ideas what this means? I know .m2t files shoud be a digital copy of what is on the tape, but something is happening. The files I already have on my PC captured using aspect HD 4 import fine. The Aspect HD 5 files don't. I tried importing in CS3 directly and the clips are fine.

The problem I have with CS3 capture is if I walk away and it gets to the end of the timecode and I do not stop it, the file becomes corrupt. In other words the entire clip is there but when PPRO trys to conform the audio it gets hung up at about 50% and then locks up for days. If I capture the same clip in PPRO but make sure to manually stop it before any time code breaks then all is well. Aspect was my tool to work around this Adobe glitch. Now I have an aspect/Adobe glitch.

By the way, neither of the issue I described occur in PPRO 2. They show up exclusively in CS3. I should just use 2 but I have a quadcore processor and the speed of CS3 is amazing! But it is so buggy!

Thanks....hope someone can help.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2007, 10:30 PM   #2
Trustee

I removed Aspect HD completely and tested and the .m2t files import without a problem. I downloaded the lastest update (oct 4) which I had not yet applied. Guess what? It all works now!

I am not sure what the issue is but I think it may have to do with the Aspect Installer. It ran when I updated from Aspect HD 4 but it seemed to get caught in a loop of uninstalling the old version, prompting for reboot to finsih the update, and then after a reboot doing nothing more. Then when I run the setup again it asks to remove the old version, and the cycle goes on.

This time it removed the old version, asked for a reboot ( I did) and then comes back and does nothing. I ran the installer again and it asks if I want to unistall the Aspect HD. This time I say "no" and the installer finishes installing aspect 5.

Without even rebooting everything begins working the "right" way.

All is good in the end but it is not particularly clear what is going on during certain stages of an upgrade.

Peace!

One last quirk.

HDlink is reporting that it captured 0 bytes in the "captured clips area". However I can clearly find the captured files and they are of the proper size. Is this normal?
Old October 7th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #3
Trustee

It's back!!

Okay. I spoke too soon. After I went and captured the last 15 minutes of tape using HDlink, I went to import it into the same exact Premiere project that imported the other four .m2t files, and it gives me the same error message:

Premiere Pro has encountered an error.
[..\..\SRC\Time.cpp-105]

This is with the latest build of Aspect and CS3.

Any new thoughts?

This is really starting to irk me!

Thanks.
Old October 7th, 2007, 10:48 PM   #4
Trustee

A bit more info.

I can import the clips that I captured using HDlink prior to this update.

In other words I can open a new project and import the 4 .m2t files that were captured with the previous build of Aspect HD. I captured the last 15 minutes of the final tape using the latest build of Aspect HD. It will not import at all, but all the others will.

This is seriously becoming a nightmare. I need to get this work done this week and can not afford to be messing around with this. I chose to edit in .m2t instead of aspect to speed up the process (simplify it is more accurate as I do not need any of the advanced features of Cineform for this)....but somehow Aspect is messing up even straight mpg projects.

Please help! Someone.

Peace!

I am going to bed and try to forget about this until the morning......fat chance!
Old October 8th, 2007, 10:00 PM   #5
Trustee

Same issue here with latest build of prospect 2k. Might not be a cineform issue though, as I'm working on an HDV project. Trying to import some m2t clips via HDVsplit.
Old October 8th, 2007, 10:43 PM   #6
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ferling View Post
Same issue here with latest build of prospect 2k. Might not be a cineform issue though, as I'm working on an HDV project. Trying to import some m2t clips via HDVsplit.
For me it is clearly related to Cineform. If I uninstall it from my system Premiere Pro Cs3 imports all of the mpg files just fine. When it gets installed, even on "non cineform" projects, I have all kinds of problems importing mpgs.

So if it is not cineform, then there is something that happens only when it is installed that caused this problem.
Old October 8th, 2007, 11:35 PM   #7
Trustee

I have figured something out. After trial and error, I have determined that the file that is causing the problem is the Cineform Quicktime Importer.

CFQTimporter.prm is located in the cineform directory inside premiere plug-ins folder. If I delete it or rename it .bak, Premiere now imports all of my mpgs just fine.

It must tie into the import or indexing somehow. I renamed it and imported a 1 hour m2t file no problem. PPRO started to index the file and conform the audio. I save and did not let it finish indexing or conforming before closing the program. I renamed the CFQTimporter.prm back to normal and started PPRO again. When I tried to load the previous project I immediately got the error again. Premiere was trying to finish conformong this file and crashed. So I renamed it back to .bak again and loaded the project and it worked. This time I let it conform and index the entire file. After that, I closed it yet again, renamed the file back to normal and loaded the same project and it was fine.

Files that had already been conformed worked fine, however I still cannot import any new files. SO why is the CF Quick time importer affecting a standard HDV preset? I am not using a Cineform preset.

Any Idea why this is?

Thanks all.
Old October 9th, 2007, 04:57 AM   #8
Trustee

Confirmed. It's the Quicktime importer. Nice catch Marty.
Old October 9th, 2007, 11:03 AM   #9
Major Player

Awesome. I was experiencing this problem myself last weekend and now I'm happy to find out there's a workaround. I really wasn't sure what the problem was.

Here's hoping there will be an Aspect HD build-upgrade soon with this patch. :)
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 12:07 PM   #10
CTO, CineForm Inc.

As it does not happen here, M2T file import correctly into CineForm projects, I don't think is a general fault with CineForm Quicktime Importer, which is not used for M2T files. Do the affected PCs have the latest QuickTime components (from Apple) installed? It would be nice to get to the bottom of this weirdness.
Old October 9th, 2007, 04:08 PM   #11
Trustee

I will check the quicktime thing when I get home. I do know that I hate that Apple updater that keeps asking me to install Itunes! I always say no but I will check for the latest QT version.
Old October 9th, 2007, 04:30 PM   #12
Regular Crew

I can confirm that it happens for me also. I get the same error as Marty unless I rename CFQTImporter.prm to something PPro can't read, in which case pro imports without problems. I'm using Prospect build 138.

http://www.landsendproductions.com
Bruce Findleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2007, 05:44 PM   #13
Trustee

I have the latest quicktime....build 7.2

There was a security update for it so I snagged it and rebooted but I still get the same error.

What will I be missing if I leave this file marked as a .bak file?

Marty
Old October 23rd, 2007, 12:27 PM   #14
Major Player

I just reformatted my computer and loaded a fresh copy of CS3 and AspectHD and I still need to workaround the problem by renaming CFQTImporter.prm to .bak

Does this issue plan to be resolved in a future build of Cineform, and is there a downside to removing the file entirely or renaming it to .bak?
Craig Irving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 12:43 PM   #15
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We don't believe there is a fault in CFQTImporter.prm, as it is the same as that in PPro2. So there is some QT, CS3, M2T clash that doesn't seem to be under CineForm influence, plus it also doesn't happen here, so it is PC configure dependent. Renaming the filter will only remove deeper than 8-bit MOV CineForm support, MOVs will still work as 8-bit using the default importer.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase