DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   cineform neo hdv gone haywire (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/105399-cineform-neo-hdv-gone-haywire.html)

Hugh Mobley October 10th, 2007 08:08 PM

cineform neo hdv gone haywire

David, when you get this please get me an answer, if one is available, I also emailed Jake, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet, anyway, I captured about 30 minutes of tape, neo hdv, from my sony hvr v1, about 29+ gigs, however, the first time I tried last night, the software went haywire, it started to capture, then took 15 or so clips and started to duplicate them, I ended up with 170 gigs of the same 15 clips, finally I just had to close down the program and start deleting the clips. took most of the night to delete almost 1000 clips .170 gigs. this ever happen before?

David Newman October 10th, 2007 08:25 PM

Never seen that. But do not address me, this not the David forum, ask other users. Jake will back to in office hours.

Peter Ferling October 10th, 2007 10:32 PM

Hugh, I've seen this before a while back in windows. The tape would keep going, with scene detection. I'd have the same clip repeated a dozen times.

(I'm not familiar with Neo). However, try a small test capture to m2t/HDV without scene detection, make sure you capture enough to cover some scene changes. Then re-encode the captured file with HDlink to CFHD and scene detection on. See if that works as a temporary solution.

Jake should be able to help you.

David Taylor October 10th, 2007 10:50 PM

BTW, Jake is on assignment tomorrow so it's likely you won't hear from him until Friday....

Hugh Mobley October 11th, 2007 12:50 AM

I got all the clips captured, did it a few at a time, I was just trying to find out if this has happened before. `something went haywire, I am sure curious about it. I use a file schredder to delete so it took a while to delete 170 gigs of video

Stefan Scherperel October 13th, 2007 11:05 PM

I have had that same thing happen to me quite a few times. I asked this question quite a while back but no one seemed to have an answer. Just last night I updated to the newest version of Neo HDV, but havn't had a chance to try it out yet to see if the problem still exists.

Marc Salvatore October 15th, 2007 10:17 AM

I've also experienced this but it seemed to stop when I ceased using my firewire drive for capture and just used my windows striped raid.

Marc

Alex Raskin October 20th, 2007 04:52 PM

If I try to capture m2t's over the firewire and convert to Cineform AHD simultaneously, I also experience failures.

The fix: Capture as a 2-step.

1. Capture m2t's only using CapDVHS (free utility, google it.)

2. When done, convert m2t files to Cineform using HDLink utility (Neo has it, right? Cineform Aspect HD does.)

This workflow is very solid and never fails.

Christopher Glaeser October 20th, 2007 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex Raskin (Post 761996)
If I try to capture m2t's over the firewire and convert to Cineform AHD simultaneously, I also experience failures.

Likely a performance issue (i.e. insufficient cpu speed or disk bandwidth). If two step is solid for you, then that's the way to go.

Best,
Christopher