Cineform AE files into Premiere with Alpha at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old October 12th, 2007, 08:55 AM   #1
Major Player

Cineform AE files into Premiere with Alpha

Hey all,

I'm working on streamlining a TV show using Cineform, and want to move from using after effects to render out graphics as Quicktime Animation w/ Alpha towards using Cineform, was hoping to cut down on renders.

This episode, I rendered out all the graphics as Cineform High HD Optimized with Alpha channel on. However, when imported into Premiere and dropped on a timeline, all the alpha channeled areas (which I have set to an annoyingly bright pink) all appear as such, instead of properly overlaying. It does not give a red need-to-render bar above the clip, so I don't believe that is the problem.

I know that the AE project files are correct, as this is episode 9, and it has been working fine. I also triplechecked my alpha channel settings. Does Cineform not properly support alpha channels? If so, is there a better preset you guys would recommend? The project is 1080i, final delivery made by m2t tape.

Thanks a million!
Carl
Carl Middleton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 09:38 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Alpha support is within NEO 2K and Prospect 2K only. Is that what you are running?
Old October 12th, 2007, 10:03 AM   #3
Major Player

Nope, aspect HD.

I kind of figured with how vital graphics are to any real production, that alpha channel support would be a part of aspect... especially with the advertised AE compatibility. Almost everything I've ever done in AE has some sort of alpha channel work, even if only a transition at the end.... Alpha channels aren't only used in 2k projects, yaknow? :D Graphics overlays and speed/time manipulation are the two things requiring a lot of rendering for me while using cineform, was hoping to knock that one out with a switch to Cineform files in this latest episode. Rerendering now as QT/Animation.

C
Carl Middleton is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase