DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   User name and password (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/106235-user-name-password.html)

Malameel Shawky October 22nd, 2007 04:35 PM

User name and password

I just purchased Cineform and when I go to the link to download, it says my info is incorrect. Who can I call to get this corrected?
M

David Newman October 22nd, 2007 04:42 PM

The download link does work? Email support@cineform.com or file a trouble ticket at www.cineform.com/support. Unfortunately due to the San Diego fires, staff can't get to the office to take any calls.

Malameel Shawky October 22nd, 2007 04:47 PM

Whats the phone number so I can call tomorow.

I did send a trouble ticket.
M

David Newman October 22nd, 2007 04:50 PM

I hope we are in tomorrow, not looking good at moment. If things improve, the numbers are on the website.

Malameel Shawky October 22nd, 2007 07:20 PM

Can you post a link to the phone number, I can't find it.

So far, no response to the purchase that I cannot download because the user name and password doesn't work.
M

Malameel Shawky October 22nd, 2007 07:22 PM

Ah, is this it? I was looking in the wrong place in fustration because I cannot download the software and I wanted to work.
(858) 345-2645

Malameel Shawky October 22nd, 2007 09:00 PM

I guess the trouble tickets take time as well? I didn't receive a response there.

How long does it take to get a response? I just want to get the software up and running and I already used the demo time when testing it.
M

David Newman October 22nd, 2007 09:29 PM

At the moment a portion of CineForm have had to evacuate their homes, so support has been a little slowed. The company telephone number is under the "About CineForm" tab, but no one is there at the moment.

We don't password protect the download, so I'm not sure that makes sense. If you have the trial you don't need the download anyway, just load the Active tool (in Programs/CineForm/[product name]/Activate.exe.) It will take to a web page where you can use to serial number to active the product via email.

Richard Leadbetter October 23rd, 2007 12:28 AM

Just a note to the OP that the download link email always uses a different password to your 'normal' CineForm.com login, as I re-discovered yesterday :)

The different password is in the email, and your standard CineForm login password won't work.

David Taylor October 23rd, 2007 12:57 AM

Malameel,

First of all, thank you for the order.

Your ID and password are contained in the confirmation email. They are NOT the same ID and password you used in advance of making the purchase. I know this can be confusing, and unfortunately our ecommerce provider has some parts of their verbage that we can't change....

Malameel Shawky October 23rd, 2007 02:58 AM

I am at home so I will have to check this when I am back in the office. I was hoping that I could be batch rendering so my new editor can start working tomorrow but now he just lost a day because now he comes in and has to hit a batch button and wait.

I really wish since everybody knows about this problem, it should be clearly pointed out. Maybe not on the ecommerce side but on your website when I am entering a password... There should be a big sign with flashing red lights that says something constructive...

Anyway, hopefully all will be well when I get back to the computer I am installing this on.
M

P.S. If I received the post about the Activate.exe I would have tried that before I left the office...

Malameel Shawky October 23rd, 2007 03:36 PM

I have th key, but the program crashes.

Basically after the splash screen disappears (either by waiting or clicking), a crash error comes up (CneForm HDV Capture Application) but in another window there is a Decklink Video Capture window that it opens.

M

David Newman October 23rd, 2007 03:43 PM

Maybe you need to update you Decklink drivers. However, you were just activating after a working trial, and the trial and the full download in fact indentical, think about anything you might have changed between the trial expire and your new activation as clearly something isn't installed correctly. Uninstall CineForm (do not deactivate--a common screw-up) and the Decklink software, and reinstall them both.

Malameel Shawky October 23rd, 2007 03:48 PM

I just uninstalled it and it is working now... I think.

EDIT: NOPE!!! See next Post.
M

Malameel Shawky October 23rd, 2007 04:01 PM

When using HDlink, I get this error message in the CineForm HDLink Capture Log:

2007-10-23 16:41:27 Error: cfVideoChange.CoCreateInstance(CLSID_CFVideoChange) (0x80040154 - Class not registered) in (ConvertGraph.cpp at 1978)

(I did uninstall the BM Intensity stuff since I had removed the card anyway so all of those traces should be gone.)
M