DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   AE crashing on importing Cineform AVI (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/108080-ae-crashing-importing-cineform-avi.html)

Paul Cook November 15th, 2007 09:16 PM

AE crashing on importing Cineform AVI

Hi all,

Last night I installed the cineform ProspectHD trial codec on my PC running CS3. Ive been playing about with it capturing HDV from a Sony Z1P but now whenever I try to import a cineform AVI into AE, the whole program disappears (crashes) without an error message or anything.

On launching AE I get the cineform window asking if I want to enable importing of 10bit codecs which I click yes to - but still it crashes as soon as I import a cineform clip.

I can import normal mpeg HDV as captured by Ppro so clearly its something to do with the cineform codec?

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Paul

Jake Segraves November 15th, 2007 09:23 PM

It sounds like AE is not seeing the CineForm file importer correctly. Send me a message at support@cineform.com and I'll help you get it working.

Paul Cook November 15th, 2007 10:25 PM

Thanks Jake - email sent.

Andy Urtusuastegui November 16th, 2007 11:37 AM

There is a tech note on the Cineform support site that addresses a similar issue. There is a conflict with the Cineform importers and the CS3 importers.

From the cineform site:
After installing After Effects CS3 and, my CineForm AVI files do not import properly. They are black and white, upside down and have vertical lines through them. Why?

This is due to a current conflict between two of Adobe’s CS3 After Effects Importers (ImporterAVI.prm and ImporterDirectShow.prm) and the CineForm HD Importer (CFHDIO.aex). They cannot coexist for the time being, so the workaround is to remove Adobe’s Importers out of After Effects’ plug-ins folder (C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS3\Support Files\(Media Core plug-ins\en_us\). Then make sure that the CineForm importer is in the following location: “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS3\Support Files\Plug-ins\”.

If it is not installed there, download this archive: www.cineform.com/downloads/CFHDIO.zip and unzip it into C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS3\Support Files\Plug-ins\”.

Then hold down the Ctrl+Shift keys and launch After Effects CS3. The CineForm Importer window should pop up asking if you’d like to use the CineForm File Importer. Say yes and then After Effects CS3 will import your CineForm AVI files properly.

Note: The CineForm Importer does not recognize all other avi file types so some of your non-CineForm files may not import into After Effects CS3. We suggest using HDLink to batch convert these files to CineForm HD files and then you’ll be able to use them in After Effects CS3.

We are actively working on the conflict so that all your CineForm and other AVI materials will work in AE CS3 without issue. Thank you for your patience.

David Newman November 16th, 2007 11:54 AM

The tech note is old and no longer applies. The new importer now works with AE CS3 without changing anything in AE.

Jared Isham December 2nd, 2007 03:45 AM

For some reason the Prospect HD codec is not installing for me at all - keeps giving me an error the installation failed about half way through the set up. AE CS3 still crashes when I import a Cineform AVI

Simon Dean December 2nd, 2007 07:37 AM

I have the same problem with Neo HDV. Is it possible it's a AE CS3 update?

David Newman December 2nd, 2007 12:04 PM

Please submit a trouble ticket with support at www.cineform.com/support.