DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Audition 3 final mix, but no video preview... (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/108221-audition-3-final-mix-but-no-video-preview.html)

Stephen Armour November 18th, 2007 04:25 AM

Audition 3 final mix, but no video preview...

We're trying to do a final audio mix with multitrack audio in Audition 3 (yeah, it's out now...)

Prob is, the final 1080p CF'ed output just refuses to show in the Audition 3 video preview window to help us set/sync levels correctly.

We've reloaded CF Prospect HD and no change.

Any suggestions? We've checked every setting we can imagine, so it's probably an Audition 3 prob, but thot I'd see if anyone has some possible light on this.

David Newman November 18th, 2007 10:40 AM

We have not tried this at CineForm, however a Customer said Audition works fine if you copy the importer module into its plug-in folders. This would be an Audition bug as all the CS3 application should use the shared C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS3\MediaCore directory. Copy those components into C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition 3.0\Plug-ins or C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition 3.0\en_us--I not sure which will work. Please try both and report back.

Jon Jaschob November 18th, 2007 10:46 AM

I have never been able to get CFHD to run in AA, ver2.
I have had to make a low res version of my timeline to bring into Audition.
Also Audition runs slower even with full res DV, so using a proxy makes sense.
Jon

Stephen Armour November 19th, 2007 05:27 AM

David, we copied the 3 files we found to both directories and it worked perfectly. The .prms were in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition 3.0\en_us, and the .dll's were in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Audition 3.0\Plug-ins, so to save time, we just copied all three files from the MediaCore directory to both locations. Here's the three files we found in our MediaCore directory:

debayerM5x5Enh.dll
im-CFHD_File_Import.prm
MtxParhAEPreview.aex

I didn't have time to try seperating them or which was actually needed in which. Also, just for your info, we're using the latest beta/final from: ProspectHDv320b142a-071116.zip

BTW, Jon, on this quadcore/Parhelia APVe system, the previews run beautifully, even at full size and resolution. In fact, they run better now in the preview window in Audition 3, than in any other program we use! I'll get back here if they show any problems later.

Thanks David...once again. You guys make it happen and this latest production run really looks nice. If we had the $$, we'd upgrade to the Prospect 2K just for the alpha channel handling in AE and PP3.

Stephen Armour November 19th, 2007 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 777516)
... This would be an Audition bug as all the CS3 application should use the shared C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS3\MediaCore directory. ...

Just a note that Audition 3 isn't included in CS3, so that would explain why it's not seeing that directory.

It's the program Adobe SHOULD have included and probably due to some stupid marketing decision, pulled from the CS3 bundle. Most users on these forums probably look at the almost useless Soundbooth program like we do:

"Adobe, why would anyone using CS3 level programs EVER want something as gutted and useless as Soundbooth for their productions? Especially given that audio is 60% or more of the production?"

Stupid, stupid, stupid. It's like using MS Paint instead of Adobe Photoshop...and they don't even provide an easy link from CS3 programs...

Graham Hickling November 19th, 2007 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen Armour (Post 777907)
...and they don't even provide an easy link from CS3 programs...

I saw a post on the Adobe forum last night that suggested to right click the audio in CS3 and select "Render and replace", and then select "Edit original" for the newly-created clip to edit it with Audition. Might work?

Stephen Armour November 19th, 2007 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Hickling (Post 778101)
I saw a post on the Adobe forum last night that suggested to right click the audio in CS3 and select "Render and replace", and then select "Edit original" for the newly-created clip to edit it with Audition. Might work?

That's the hack!

Sorry for the rant, but I couldn't believe Adobe didn't bundle Audition with CS3. It was like getting a Porsche 911 GT2 without the motor...530 HP - 204 mph, but not there to use!

Graham Hickling November 19th, 2007 02:31 PM

Seems easy enough...

Stephen Armour November 19th, 2007 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graham Hickling (Post 778127)
Seems easy enough...

Problem is, if you're doing a lot of multi-layed audio, right-clicking on each clip, then having Soundbooth pop up over the top of PP3, then having to close it (for loading and rendering another clip), then having to right click again to load Audition, gets to be a royal pain!

All totally unnecessary with some very very simple programming. Not workflow friendly for sure. Unconnected motors and drivetrains don't make for speed and Audition is as natural to PP3 CS3 as is the motor. It's the audio engine CS3 needs to do things right. Come on Adobe, connect the dots.

Jon Jaschob November 19th, 2007 03:58 PM

Happy Days!

Although I'm running CS2, I got it to work. Thanks David and Stephen for the report. This will make my workflow smoother.
Jon