DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Won't playback effects in Premier Pro 2.0 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/109693-wont-playback-effects-premier-pro-2-0-a.html)

Dmitry Yun December 7th, 2007 01:10 AM

Won't playback effects in Premier Pro 2.0

Hi all, so I start a 24F project and import Cineform XH-A1 footage into the timeline. After I apply an effect to the footage I get a red cross in the upper left hand corner, any effect does this including the cineform effects, so virtually no effect works on my cineform timeline. I would like to know the cause, I did some searching and came upon possible using Ctrl+Space, and that didn't do a single thing for me. Please if anyone has suggestion so I can preview my footage with effects instead of seing a raw with a red X on it, I'd really really appreciate it.

Thank you.

David Newman December 7th, 2007 01:13 AM

Please file a trouble ticket at www.cineform.com/support. I have not heard of this one.

Something to try: uninstall the CineForm software, reboot, then reinstall.

Dmitry Yun December 7th, 2007 10:13 AM

It's really strange as this started happening to me on one machine, I migrated to another and now it's happening there as well. :( I filed a trouble ticket will try reinstalling today. Thanks David.

Dmitry Yun December 7th, 2007 11:17 PM

Alright reinstaled both Aspect HD and Premiere still the same thing, doesn't accept any effects or transitions for preview. There is gotta be something I'm missing here or something I did.

Dmitry Yun December 8th, 2007 09:25 PM

Hi David, I just noticed something else. Whenever I use WMP to view Aspect HD files it flickers as if there are two images interlined and one keeps moving left and right on top of the original, I reverted back to 5.1 which work fine on my laptop and it's still the same thing...what could be different? I reinstalled and uninstalled and registered components. Nothing, I'm using the 8800GTS 640 GDDR3 KO on this one could this be the cause? Please help.

David Newman December 8th, 2007 10:41 PM

Too many questions to ask where this is best handled by support. Use Media Player Classic instead of WMP.

Dmitry Yun December 8th, 2007 10:46 PM

Thanks David, I already have a ticket in support and Media Player Classic does the exact same thing, even worse actually because it completely stops and flickers on one frame.

David Newman December 8th, 2007 10:55 PM

Your PC is either broken, or is has some new version of Vista on it. :) Sorry I don't know, but Jake in support has much more user data points to work out what is wrong with your setup. Support will be back at the office Monday.

Dmitry Yun December 8th, 2007 11:05 PM

:) Thanks David, I guess I'll wait till then. I have XP 32bit profesisonal on my machine nothing new about it :(

Dmitry Yun December 8th, 2007 11:57 PM

Yes! I figured it out, Let the 3D application decide in the nvidia properties and voila! There you go a solution

David Newman December 9th, 2007 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmitry Yun (Post 789531)
Yes! I figured it out, Let the 3D application decide in the nvidia properties and voila! There you go a solution

You might also like to pass that solution on to support, just in case that hasn't come up before.

Dmitry Yun December 10th, 2007 09:40 AM

Sure thing will do David, just to clarify though this only fixes the playback on WMP and MPC; not the effects not showing up in the preview issue. Thanks. I'm getting PP CS3 will see if it still happens there as well when I install later this week, I hope support is looking into it I'm kind of bumed that I can't preview my effects or transitions :(