DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Project Manager Premier Pro new Aspect HDV files?? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/109891-project-manager-premier-pro-new-aspect-hdv-files.html)

Steve Young December 10th, 2007 07:17 AM

Project Manager Premier Pro new Aspect HDV files??

I am using Premier Pro with Aspect HDV and my current project is well over 300gb, I have finished editing and would like to retain the project with the edits for future tweaking etc, is there anyway to use the Premier Pro project manager to create a smaller project using newly created Aspect HD files or is this just not possible?

Carl Middleton December 10th, 2007 07:42 AM

I think one of the options with the project manager 'trims' the source files, and stores the whole project complete with trimmed source files to a new location. Then, you can get rid of the originals, but be forewarned, if you need to move a cut around, the new trimmed files will have no wiggle room!

Carl

Todd Clark December 10th, 2007 08:21 AM

"be forewarned, if you need to move a cut around, the new trimmed files will have no wiggle room!"

That is not true. Premiere puts handles on each clip. The defult is 30 but you can change that to ad more.

Carl Middleton December 10th, 2007 11:35 PM

Thanks for the correction! Limited default wiggle room! That's what I meant, I promise! ;)

Carl

Steve Young December 11th, 2007 03:49 AM

You can export the new trimmed file with 25frame handles giving you some "wiggle" room ;)

What im asking is since you are using HDV captured files that have then been through the Aspect HD process, will the trimmed project create video files that are native HDV or one that are now using the Aspect HD codec?

Im thinking that if they are native HDV you will now be unable to edit easily using the Aspect HD codec therefore meaning you cannot create a trimmed usable project

Carl Middleton December 11th, 2007 09:27 AM

My understanding would be, if you're using AHD files in the project, AHD files are what would be trimmed and output. It wouldn't rerender everything down to m2t just to annoy you, I'm sure ;)

C

Bart Walczak December 11th, 2007 09:37 AM

I'm not sure Premiere will trim Cineform files. It surely does it for DV, and uncompressed, but I don't know about other formats.

Mike McCarthy December 11th, 2007 04:13 PM

It will trim the files to Cineform AVIs, assuming you are editing Cineform AVIs in a Cineform project. Certain file types don't get trimmed (Non-native), only copied to the new project, but Cineform files are trimmed correctly. I believe HDV Mpeg files in Cineform project will be copied in their entirety, but that may have changed in the recent version.

Graham Hickling December 11th, 2007 09:41 PM

As Mike says, CS3 creates trimmed AHD projects nicely.

BUT... be sure you have installed the 1.3 update!! Prior to that it corrupted/omitted audio files during the trimming process...