DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   "Enter key or Buy now" (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/110493-enter-key-buy-now.html)

Scott Barnhill December 17th, 2007 11:58 PM

"Enter key or Buy now"

I just downloaded NeoHDV and when I went to export to Cineform HD Export, this is the message that came up in PP2.

"Enter key or Buy now"

I would like to try it before I buy. Did I do something wrong?

Chris Barcellos December 18th, 2007 12:36 AM

Were you able to capture using HDLink ? Try capturing files, bring them in for edit, and see what occurs.

Is it possible someone else tried out Cineform on the system ? David Newman from Cineform usually hangs out here, so he may respond.

Scott Barnhill December 18th, 2007 01:14 AM

I tried HDlink and as soon as I clicked start to capture it said the same thing. This is the first day the software was loaded. I also tried Aspect HD and Neo HD...same message. I had NeoHDV sent to a different e-mail and reinstalled...same message.

Scott Barnhill December 18th, 2007 01:46 AM

As someone once put it in these forums...."Vista is a dead fish".

I booted to XP Pro SP2 and it works fine. Nice program except the captured .avi's look all washed out and the .mov files are square format.
I captured 24F HDV from my XH A1 and left settings alone for both formats. I then forced it to progressive but same results.

David Newman December 18th, 2007 10:48 AM

Sometimes I hate Vegas, the amount of support inquires it generates becuase we are one of the few products to support Vegas correctly. The image is not washed out, rather Vegas requests Studio RGB from our codec, which gives you higher dynamic range. Studio RGB sets camera standard black to 16 and white to 235, for those inexperienced say the image is washed out, rather than saying, "wow more dynamic range, cool!" This gives you more highlight detail that is truncated off by other codecs. To color correct the image on a computer screen (black at 0 and white at 255) add the Studio RGB to Computer RGB filter to your preview panel.

Scott Barnhill December 18th, 2007 10:55 AM

I didn't bring it in to Vegas yet. I was talking about the captured footage. As it turns out, I must have an out dated Video driver in XP because I checked the footage in vista and it looks good except the files are not 16:9.
Did I miss a setting? I left everything as default.

David Newman December 18th, 2007 11:34 AM

Don't use MOV or the QuickPlayer which is notorious for shift the color. The MOV option in HDLink is primarily for moving clips to the Mac, although it is also useful for Combustion and Nuke. Use AVIs and Media Player Classic (other players work, this one is the best.)

Scott Barnhill December 18th, 2007 04:24 PM

I imported an avi file to PP2 and for a test went to export to Cineform HD. I can't get past the "enter key, software expired" message. I would really like to try this fully before commiting to it.
I'm at the verge of giving up and going to a Mac with FCP.

David Newman December 18th, 2007 04:58 PM

Try Prospect HD, it make no sense that you machine instantly expires. Do make sure your system clock is correct.