Aspect 5.2 still crashing. Any joy anyone? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 20th, 2007, 01:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Aspect 5.2 still crashing. Any joy anyone?

Haven't heard from Support for a week now re the problem some of us seem to be having where premiere crashes and exits on any attempt to import a file captured/created with V5.1 installed.

The problem persists in build 101 as well.

I'm sure (hoping?) Support haven't forgotten me (and being a s/w engineer myself I appreciate how frustrating it is for them when they cannot reproduce the problem there) so wanted to put a shout out to anyone else who's been having this trouble. How are you progressing the problem? Has anyone discovered what the conflict/cause is yet?

I know many do not have this problem so please don't reply just to say your installation is ok.

I'm just trying to get ideas of things to try and/or a direction to take. Meanwhile I'm having to stick with v5.1.
Alan Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2007, 02:03 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Support has be light this week as we have been hit with the Flu (I was last week.) But we are all here today. Jake will be asking for short sample footage from you. We only saw a bug on quad core system and that was fixed (and you don't have a quad,) so no we aren't seeing this, which does make it difficult to track down.
Old December 20th, 2007, 02:38 PM   #3
Inner Circle

I'm still having this issue as well, and have reverted back to 5.1 for the time being. So you're not alone.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2007, 02:43 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I think it only impacts people with a four letter first name begining with 'A'.

I looked at Alan's machine profile, matched that. Installed AHD 5.1, converted some footage using Alan camera type (FX1, so I assume 60i.) Then installed 5.2 build 101, and no issues. We are trying.
Old December 20th, 2007, 03:48 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Ah, that must be it! Going to the courthouse now for legal name change....
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2007, 02:28 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post

I looked at Alan's machine profile, matched that. Installed AHD 5.1, converted some footage using Alan camera type (FX1, so I assume 60i.) Then installed 5.2 build 101, and no issues. We are trying.
Ah, for the record. I live in PAL country (UK) so my camera is officially an fx1(E) I guess. Footage would be 50i. Apologies for any confusion here. Not convinced if/why that would be important though but offered for completeness.

I do hope that flu epidemic clears up for your holidays over in Cineform land though. Be well and merry.

Support have given me a few more things to try and with no 'real' projects to work on over my own holidays I can spend some time on this problem.
Alan Mills is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase