Sluggish Performance - HELP at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 26th, 2007, 02:14 AM   #1
Major Player

Sluggish Performance - HELP

OK I've been at this HDV thing for about a year now, I want to think that I've tried everything but it seems no matter what I do, I see where my system is sluggish only when working an HDV project.

The setup: Dell P380 WS, Intel 955EE, 4G Ram, NVidia FX1500, 150G WD 10k Raptor Boot Drive, 2x WD5000YS 500G ea Server Class Raid Drives in 0 mode, video out to 1 24" LG monitor in highest resolution, and 1 19" HD LCD via Component out for preview off FX1500 card. The warez, Premier Pro CS3 with Aspect.

The system from all indications should in theory scream, and for the most part it does if I'm editing SD. Now when I do an HDV project using Aspect in either 2nd monitor preview or not, my screen writes lag, when I scrub the time line my main monitor (1st monitor) preview window is sluggish and basically although I can get real time preview on monitor 1 or the external monitor, there is lag which makes it uncomfortable and frustration sets in so I revert to SD. The best way to describe it is, I drag the time line and I can almost count to 1 before I experience the output from my input. The delay is actually about a half second. This is happening on a simple 1 video source + audio, not a complex 3 or 4 layer PIP with FX.

Question, does anyone running a system that is about a year old or more that doesn't run Xeon or Quad core processors see or experience "sluggish" performance on their system? Anyone have settings for the video card that might help with my issues? I've tried just about everything that I can think of but feel that before I upgrade my box again and waste more money I should ask the group.

Miguel Lombana
Old December 26th, 2007, 05:12 PM   #2
Trustee

nVidea has been posting fairly frequent driver updates for the fx 1500. You might check their website & update if needed.
Updating the graphics drivers has made a difference on my system in the past.
Robert Young is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase