DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   HDV files in Premiere has various red over timeline. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/111282-hdv-files-premiere-has-various-red-over-timeline.html)

Dave Campbell December 31st, 2007 08:29 AM

HDV files in Premiere has various red over timeline.

Okay, I am still trying to track down root cause of audio/video sync issue.
So, question. I have used ProspectHD to take my HDV clips to 10 bit in CS3.
But, when I pull the clips into Premiere, I have a lot, not all, of the timeline
with red on it. This is telling me I have to render the darn timeline.
But, I have done nothing to the files.

Now, in Pro2, I do not remember seeing this issue.

What started this was pulling a DV avi, (not CF) into Ultra and while running
the clip, the audio over time would go nuts. I am reading on the Premiere forum that CS3 has an video to audio sync issue.

But, back to the question I am trying to understand now. Why would my timeline in Premiere CS3 have red sections on the timeline for CF avi clips when I did nothing to the file?

Dave

David Newman December 31st, 2007 11:10 AM

Will the same clip show red every time? Will it show red if it is placed in it own sequence? Check that the clip properties exactly matches that of the project. If it does match and still shows red, then please send a sample clip that does this to support.

Dave Campbell December 31st, 2007 11:23 AM

What is weird is it is not all the clips, just most.
And jpgs I brought in the same comment.

So far when I had looked at clip properties, they were all the same.

So, when I get home tonight I will take a clip that is not red, and one that is red, and bring them into a new project and see what happens.

Thanks

Dave

Dave Campbell December 31st, 2007 06:42 PM

David, weird. I went back to premiere 3.1.0.
I deleted the clips, and then re imported them, there is no red lines
anymore. I am staying away from the 3.1.1 update.

Thanks

Dave

Allan Black December 31st, 2007 08:05 PM

Don't know if this'll help, but I get a case of reds (in Vegas) if I start doing too many CPU things while handling files.

Declan Harrington January 14th, 2008 11:33 AM

I'm getting this in my current project as well. I have one long clip on the timeline on a video track and then a load of other clips on the track above. In the gaps where the bottom track is showing the red lines appear. I am also noticing some performance glitches with the two video tracks being used. I had a similar problem pre-cineform which was why I bought AHD so am wondering am I doing something wrong?

Posts above this have got me thinking. I used the cineform 1080 50i pre set as I have a Canon HV20 but I've just realised the clips are 720*540 as they were shot using a Sony HVR Z1 (think that's the model). Is there a way to change the project settings to 720 or will I have to start again or can I import the project file into a 720 project? Apologies but I'm not near my system at the moment so can't try it out

Thanks

Dave Campbell January 14th, 2008 11:38 AM

I know in my case I have seen this a few times with the red bars.
To fix, I delete the sequence, and make a new one. So far, fixed each time.
But, sure would love to know what messes it up to start with.

Dave

Declan Harrington January 14th, 2008 01:35 PM

Is there a way to delete the sequence and make a new one with your previous edits intact? Tried the import in my post above and it didn't work btw

Dave Campbell January 14th, 2008 01:46 PM

Not that I know of.

But, this is what I normally do, which I think worked but I would have to try again.

My first sequence has all my clips. I then make another sequence from that
where I make my edits. I thought I had deleted the first sequence, made a new one with the same clips, and my second might have been fixed?

Now, I assume if you just render the timeline, it fixes what ever issues it sees?

Dave