Help! Video skips, stops, reverses, sound not sinked or missing! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old December 31st, 2007, 07:52 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Help! Video skips, stops, reverses, sound not sinked or missing!

David and the gang,

First, Happy New Year's to you all and only the best for next year!

Now to the problem! I'm doing a project right now and having a lot of problems. It is a CineForm 1080i project that is only 20 seconds long but it is having many problems. I have never had these problems before, but all of a sudden they are there. I just noticed that someone else had problems after updating to PPro 3.1.1 so I thought I would check with you to see about that too.

First, I have tried to update my Aspect HD twice and have received no email back with the link. I sent an email today regarding this, but did not hear back either.

This project that I'm on now is VERY simple. Like I said only 20 seconds in length. The first half is just simple footage with a music track and the second half has more sounds added and one other video section.

When I try to play back the timeline, it jumps all over, even reverses and skips and the sound is not sinked. The sound sometimes catches up after you stop the playback. When I hit the space bar to play the track, it delays starting for about 3 to 10 seconds or more. Believe it or not, it is worse on the front half that is nothing more than simple footage. The much more complicated second half actually stays in sink much better and once in a while plays OK.

When I export the footage to an avi file the problems are still there. But, when I export to a DVD in Encore it is better or no problems. Of course it is really hard to sink my sounds when I can't play it back real time.

The program has also just seized up twice while editing. Not the dreaded "Adobe Has Encountered a Problem" message, it just goes to the hour glass icon and never comes out of it. I have to power down the computer by holding the power button. This does not appear to be an Adobe problem.

I have about a week to finish so there is still time, but I have a lot of time invested in this right now. You know how a fast paced 20 second commercial can be more complicated than a one hour DVD.

I would appreciate any help. Also, please notify support about me not receiving the update info.

Thank Guys-----Mike
Old January 1st, 2008, 12:22 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I have 3.1.1 here and I have no issues. The troubling element to your post, is both playback and export have these issues. This points to Adobe project corruption problem, as the export doesn't involve CineForm when is comes to clip ordering, that is all Adobe. You can confirm by exporting to any other format. Sometime you can fix Adobe project corruptions by creating a new project and importing the old one. Also the CTRL+SPACEBAR playback, use the Adobe database more directly.

Note: The update server seems to be working, I just received an update email when I tested it.
Old January 1st, 2008, 01:07 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Thanks David,

I'll try some other things then, like importing. But, I just tried the update thing about a half hour ago, after reading your post and I did not work again. It is so very simple and I have all of my codes etc, saved and in front of me, I don't understand this.

Mike
Old January 1st, 2008, 01:31 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Look in your spam folder.
Old January 1st, 2008, 04:32 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Look in your spam folder.
Nothing in spam folders. Disabled all filters, local and at the ISP----Still nothing!!!

I finally reactivated on old closed Yahoo account and got it!

Personnally, I think all persons spamming or starting viruses should be found, tried and put to death without appeal! :)

M

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase