OK, Now What! :) - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:12 AM   #16
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Thanks Alan. Yes we are try to isolate what changes (out of many) that are effecting yours Adam's and one others so far reported. I would love to have this solved before the end of the week, so you testing is extremely helpful.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 12:51 PM   #17
Inner Circle

David (and Jake), thanks for being so persistent with all this. I did load and try the new files as soon as I received them but still haven't been able to make it work.

I probably misunderstood but it looked like Mike had a different problem at first but then developed the same one we had after he updated.

Anyway, really appreciate all the time and effort everyone is spending to get this thing run down...
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2008, 07:21 PM   #18
Sponsor: CineForm

Mike, it doesn't look like you've opened a support ticket for this yet. Please open one and we'll try to help you from there.

Just to keep you all informed, there are actually 5 of you that have reported this issue. 4 of you all are running Pentium 4s with 2.5 - 3 GHz processors. The 5th user is using AMD processors. We don't think it has to do with that, but it was interesting that each of you have similar systems (with one exception). We're still focusing on the importer or the complier that creates the importer.

Thanks for your patience and for helping us with this one. It is a definite priority for us right now.
Jake Segraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2008, 09:44 PM   #19
Inner Circle

I just got these files from Jake, installed them in the 'c:\program files\adobe\adobe premiere pro cs3\plug-ins\en_us\cineform' sub-directory, and lo and behold, they work!

At least the crashing when importing or opening old projects is gone. Maybe they'll work for others with same problem.

I'm posting them here because last time we had an issue that Jake fixed, he said it was OK to post the files. Hope it still is.

Thanks Jake!

Last edited by Adam Gold; May 8th, 2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old January 4th, 2008, 01:35 AM   #20
Inner Circle

Hi All,

Sorry to have been away, but have been doing computer stuff!

I simply could not afford to be going back and forth between Adobe and CineForm and wasting time. I had a few days of down time before I'm going to be very busy. So, I have just finished doing a complete "do over!" I backed up my file on my c-drive and did a full recovery of the OS! I finished a uninstall and install of CS3 this afternoon and also a clean install of CineForm.

I have not had a chance to test anything out because I had to leave for the evening and I just got back, but I should find out tomorrow.

Fresh XP with all the new updates, fresh CS3 with all of the updates(three hours worth of down loaded updates after install), and a fresh install of CineForm.

If it messes up now, I'll get a hold of support.

Mike
Old January 4th, 2008, 04:51 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gold View Post
I just got these files from Jake, installed them in the 'c:\program files\adobe\adobe premiere pro cs3\plug-ins\en_us\cineform' sub-directory, and lo and behold, they work!

At least the crashing when importing or opening old projects is gone. Maybe they'll work for others with same problem.

I'm posting them here because last time we had an issue that Jake fixed, he said it was OK to post the files. Hope it still is.

Thanks Jake!
Only just read this (while at work) so will hopefully find leisure to try these two new importers this evening. From Adam's tone it sounds like his problems are resolved so look forward to trying this myself.

I am concerned about the choice of phrase "At least..." though. Do you have other persistent problems Adam?
Alan Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:19 AM   #22
Inner Circle

OK!

To recap! I have done a full recovery of my Windows OS, I have a fresh install of Adobe CS3 with all of the updates and then I installed CineForm 5.2.2 or whatever the updated version is.

Just opened a new project, actually I'm redoing of the 20 second one that kept messing up. I captured about 15 minutes of footage w/o scene detect. When CineForm finished its rendering of the footage, the whole system crashed with the dreaded "Serious Error" message.

I tried again, only capturing 1 minute of footage as a test, because the previous capture had of blank tape at the end. After CineForm finished rendering the footage, it crashed again with the "Serious Error" message.

I opened a new project, using only PPro's HDV setting and captured about a minute of so of the same footage. It played fine, scrubbed and played in real time----No Problems!

So, do we have a fix for this, or should I keep working in PPro? I have not even attempted to open an old project, but I can assume that it probably would not do me much good.

Should I try the patches or what?

I'll forward this to support and wait.

Mike
Old January 4th, 2008, 11:35 AM   #23
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Unfortunately you have something completely new, so support is the only solution. Although, please try the new components, they are based on the latest code.
Old January 4th, 2008, 01:25 PM   #24
Regular Crew

I can confirm that using either of the two importers that were linked to the latest build of AspectHD seems back to normal so this does seem like a solution. Well done guys.
Alan Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 01:28 PM   #25
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Unfortunately you have something completely new, so support is the only solution. Although, please try the new components, they are based on the latest code.
Turns out maybe no!

I installed the replacement files and have tested old and captured to a new project without crashing. I opened an old version of a couple projects and it did not crash. I started a new project, the same 20 Second commercial, and imported the footage. It now seems to work fine too. No crashing and the files are sinked.

All seems to work fine right now, but I'll keep working and test further.

NOW, How about that free upgrade to Prospect!!!!!!!! :) :) I've invested about 4 days in this! :)

Mike
Old January 4th, 2008, 02:37 PM   #26
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Mills View Post
I am concerned about the choice of phrase "At least..." though. Do you have other persistent problems Adam?
No, I only meant that I hadn't tried to do anything else, as these were old completed projects and I didn't play around with them further once I found they would load/import without crashing.

Great job, Cineform Dudes! No other software company in my experience has ever offered service like this.
Old January 4th, 2008, 02:41 PM   #27
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Gold View Post
Great job, Cineform Dudes! No other software company in my experience has ever offered service like this.
They are always great and I've always recommended them! It is refreshing not being ignored!

Mike

P.S.: I checked and I still have the gaps in the timecode when using scene detect. Any idea what causes that? I posted this in another thread, but got no response.

M
Old January 4th, 2008, 02:50 PM   #28
CTO, CineForm Inc.

No idea on the scene detect thing, that way I didn't comment. Tell support, if there a bug they can put it in the database.
Old January 4th, 2008, 03:06 PM   #29
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
No idea on the scene detect thing, that way I didn't comment. Tell support, if there a bug they can put it in the database.
Thanks David, but guess what! Now that the other issues are fixed my original one is back!

I edited a short 15 second group of scenes onto the time line, just the video and no audio and I'm back to it skipping and jumping all over.

The footage plays fine until I use it w/o the sound. The first time I had this problem, I had added the footage to the timeline and then unlinked it and deleted the audio. This time I added the footage from the source monitor with video only and the problem is still there.

Seems like it has something to do with not using the audio!!!! Of course when I add my audio tracks, it causes them to skip and jump with the video.

I'll send in another ticket, but this is really weird. Video with audio plays fine, video only is all messed up.

Mike

Last edited by Mike Teutsch; January 4th, 2008 at 03:07 PM. Reason: spelling
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 03:18 PM   #30
Inner Circle

I take it back! I dropped the footage onto the time line with the audio and it still freezes and jumps around.

It all plays fine if there are no cuts, but with cuts it is all messed up.

Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase