OK, Now What! :) - Page 3 at DVinfo.net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 4th, 2008, 03:19 PM   #31
CTO, CineForm Inc.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
Posts: 8,090
Never seen that. It only that project still? Work with support.
__________________
David Newman -- web: www.gopro.com
blog: cineform.blogspot.com -- twitter: twitter.com/David_Newman
David Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 03:31 PM   #32
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Port St. Lucie, Florida
Posts: 2,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Never seen that. It only that project still? Work with support.
I just submitted the ticket.

Getting very nervous here, time is running out. I was supposed to go to West Palm Beach today to scout for a shoot tomorrow, but skipped it to try and get this fixed. Now I'll have to go cold tomorrow and not even know what I'm going to do with the footage I shoot!

Thanks David.

Mike
__________________
Chapter one, line one. The BH.
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 03:35 PM   #33
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Port St. Lucie, Florida
Posts: 2,614
One more note. Best I can tell it plays fine when I scrub, but when using playback it messes up.

M
__________________
Chapter one, line one. The BH.
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 03:39 PM   #34
CTO, CineForm Inc.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
Posts: 8,090
Try CTRL+Spacebar for playback, it is slower but it may get you thru your edit.
__________________
David Newman -- web: www.gopro.com
blog: cineform.blogspot.com -- twitter: twitter.com/David_Newman
David Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #35
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Port St. Lucie, Florida
Posts: 2,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Try CTRL+Spacebar for playback, it is slower but it may get you thru your edit.
That does make it better. Does not seem perfectly smooth though, does it change that slightly?

Just as additional info, when I hit play it takes about 3-4 seconds before it starts on the edited timeline. It starts in less than a second on the unedited timeline.

Even with the space bar fix, remember that when I would export a movie before, it was also messed up and jumped around.

Thanks---Mike
__________________
Chapter one, line one. The BH.
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 03:58 PM   #36
CTO, CineForm Inc.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
Posts: 8,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch View Post
Even with the space bar fix, remember that when I would export a movie before, it was also messed up and jumped around.

Thanks---Mike
Which confirms it is Premiere project corruption of some sort, not a CineForm playback bug. The frame server for export uses Adobe internal database, we couldn't change that even if we wanted to. If think you going to have to build this project again, or see if Adobe has any ideas.
__________________
David Newman -- web: www.gopro.com
blog: cineform.blogspot.com -- twitter: twitter.com/David_Newman
David Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 04:02 PM   #37
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Port St. Lucie, Florida
Posts: 2,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Which confirms it is Premiere project corruption of some sort, not a CineForm playback bug. The frame server for export uses Adobe internal database, we couldn't change that even if we wanted to. If think you going to have to build this project again, or see if Adobe has any ideas.
Couldn't it be in your conversion of the footage to regular AVI files from the CineForm codec? If I open this same footage in PPro and it works fine, what would that say?

M
__________________
Chapter one, line one. The BH.
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #38
CTO, CineForm Inc.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
Posts: 8,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch View Post
Couldn't it be in your conversion of the footage to regular AVI files from the CineForm codec? If I open this same footage in PPro and it works fine, what would that say?
It says project corruption, nothing to do with the codec. If your timeline is playing out of sequence (is that what you mean?) then it is the project not the media. If you media work fine in another project, again it is the project not the media.
__________________
David Newman -- web: www.gopro.com
blog: cineform.blogspot.com -- twitter: twitter.com/David_Newman
David Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 04:11 PM   #39
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Port St. Lucie, Florida
Posts: 2,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
It says project corruption, nothing to do with the codec. If your timeline is playing out of sequence (is that what you mean?) then it is the project not the media. If you media work fine in another project, again it is the project not the media.
This is a totally new project. I scraped the entire thing, all the work I did before and started fresh today. New project, new capture, new everything. What I'm asking is if I start a new project using PPro's HDV setting and it works fine, what does that mean?

Mike
__________________
Chapter one, line one. The BH.
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 04:20 PM   #40
CTO, CineForm Inc.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
Posts: 8,090
It means you need to work with support, this 20 questions thing has not got us any closer. I have no idea what you PC is doing, as it is a completely new behavior, not being experienced by others. There much be a piece of information not exchanged yet. Please talk with support.
__________________
David Newman -- web: www.gopro.com
blog: cineform.blogspot.com -- twitter: twitter.com/David_Newman
David Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 04:21 PM   #41
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Port St. Lucie, Florida
Posts: 2,614
Just opened a new PPro HDV project and cut a few scenes and even added some music. It plays fine. Does that say anything?

Mike
__________________
Chapter one, line one. The BH.
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2008, 04:23 PM   #42
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Port St. Lucie, Florida
Posts: 2,614
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
It means you need to work with support, this 20 questions thing has not got us any closer. I have no idea what you PC is doing, as it is a completely new behavior, not being experienced by others. There much be a piece of information not exchanged yet. Please talk with support.
Sorry.

I've already sent in a ticket.

M
__________________
Chapter one, line one. The BH.
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 05:30 PM   #43
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Port St. Lucie, Florida
Posts: 2,614
A work in progress.

M
__________________
Chapter one, line one. The BH.

Last edited by Mike Teutsch; January 9th, 2008 at 07:28 AM.
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 06:50 PM   #44
CTO, CineForm Inc.
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California
Posts: 8,090
Please tell support, maybe Adobe's support to.
__________________
David Newman -- web: www.gopro.com
blog: cineform.blogspot.com -- twitter: twitter.com/David_Newman
David Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:47 PM   #45
Inner Circle
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Port St. Lucie, Florida
Posts: 2,614
A soultion found! Must read!

I'm just stupid!

Mike
__________________
Chapter one, line one. The BH.

Last edited by Mike Teutsch; January 14th, 2008 at 05:00 PM.
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply
Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

Professional Video
(800) 833-4801
Portland, OR

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY

Z.G.C.
(973) 335-4460
Mountain Lakes, NJ

Abel Cine Tech
(888) 700-4416
N.Y. NY & L.A. CA

Precision Camera
(800) 677-1023
Austin, TX

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

 



Google
 

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:35 PM.


DV Info Net -- Real Names, Real People, Real Info!
1998-2017 The Digital Video Information Network