OK, Now What! :) - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 14th, 2008, 04:55 PM   #46
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Mike, you need to read more forum posts, or subscribe to the CineForm RSS feed, or more contact with support as that was discovered a while ago. AJA sent us a buggy component (only an issue if you don't have an AJA card) that went in the previous to last build. It is nolonger registered, so no longer an issue. Also that component has nothing to do with playback (only capture), so I don't see how it relates to this thread. This is way you should work closer with support, 90% of your post came here, not to support, as a result we couldn't get a clear picture of what was wrong on your system.

While I understand the panic that can occur when all seems to be going wrong, there are lessons to be learned here. Don't upgrade in the middle of a project and if you want technical help please try support first.
Old January 14th, 2008, 05:46 PM   #47
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Mike, you need to read more forum posts, or subscribe to the CineForm RSS feed, or more contact with support as that was discovered a while ago. AJA sent us a buggy component (only an issue if you don't have an AJA card) that went in the previous to last build. It is nolonger registered, so no longer an issue. Also that component has nothing to do with playback (only capture), so I don't see how it relates to this thread. This is way you should work closer with support, 90% of your post came here, not to support, as a result we couldn't get a clear picture of what was wrong on your system.

While I understand the panic that can occur when all seems to be going wrong, there are lessons to be learned here. Don't upgrade in the middle of a project and if you want technical help please try support first.
See edited post above. So, I don't spend all day reading posts here. However, would I have found it if I did a search for Runtime errors-No! Would I have found it if I searched for capture problems--No. Would I have found it by searching for camera recognition--No! I would have needed to search for AJA, which I had no idea even existed, or for "little glitch."

Truth is, I had no way of knowing if these problems were/are related or came from some deteriorating corruption of my files. My problems appeared to start after my upgrade, then continued to get worse.

I'll subscribe to the CineForm RSS feed or whatever it is, but I had heard nothing of it before. As I said before, I don't get the emails from support and they are not in my junk folder. I have no idea where they go. I have only one mail provider and I have been checking my junk folder, but nothing. I will file another ticket to get my new key.

So if you feel you are owed an apology from me, then here it is and I mean it sincerely. I would however, be a little more clear in your postings from now on. That might help a lot. Besides I was neck deep in this problem before you posted the little glitch post. If it had been listed as a runtime error or capture error, I would have found it during my hours and hours on Google. This site comes up on searches all the time. I spent from 3:00am until about 12:00 noon today searching before finally giving up and calling Microsoft.

Thanks and have a great evening.

Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase