OK, Now What! :) at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 1st, 2008, 11:24 PM   #1
Inner Circle

OK, Now What! :)

Well, after setting up a new email account, I finally got my Aspect HD update file.

After installing it, I tried to open my project again and it "Immediately" goes to an Adobe "Serious Error" screen and shuts down. Tried two different projects multiple times and both did it.

So I gave up and started all over again, recapturing footage and all. Guess what, I had problems with the capture and at one attempt it said that the camera driver was weak or something. I restarted the camera, captured the tape without scene detect and left it to render into Cineform files. When it got done, or before as I was not there, it crashed again with the "Serious Error" message. Remember, I did not change my Adobe PPro, I changed my CineForm, so why is it causing this now.

Now I can't work on any project. Who would think that a 20 second commercial could take two and a half days of effort and I have nothing.

So I'll contact support I guess, but I'm not sure I'll get the email responses! After all, I couldn't get the update emails.

What is going on here? I know, I know, delete and reinstall all programs on your computer.....

Another wasted day. Anyone know how to really fix this, without going to FCP and a MAC???? May have some licenses for sale soon.

Sorry I don't usually get angry like this, but I'm nearly at my wits end. Time is money and it running out, just like my patience.

Vent over--------m
Old January 2nd, 2008, 12:10 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

This again sounds like an Adobe project corruption. When we return from holidays you are welcome to contact CineForm support, but the answer might be with Adobe. None of the syptoms are at all familar.

--

Random idea. Trying holding the shift key down while Premiere starts, this has nothing to do with CineForm, yet it gives Premiere a good smack, and tells it to reload all plugins. If that works I expect a Prospect upgrade order from you tomorrow. :)
Old January 2nd, 2008, 12:32 AM   #3
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
This again sounds like an Adobe project corruption. When we return from holidays you are welcome to contact CineForm support, but the answer might be with Adobe. None of the syptoms are at all familar.

--

Random idea. Trying holding the shift key down while Premiere starts, this has nothing to do with CineForm, yet it gives Premiere a good smack, and tells it to reload all plugins. If that works I expect a Prospect upgrade order from you tomorrow. :)
Nope, didn't work. Checked further, I can't open any CineForm based programs, but I can open regular, "non-Cineform", meaning DV projects.

Mike
Old January 2nd, 2008, 05:51 AM   #4
Major Player

Mike, did you update ANYTHING else? Like an antivirus prog, or anything?

Sounds like a conflict or something caused by a disk error! Not excusing CF, but if you're the only one having this type of prob, it's pretty indicative of either a conflict from something that was loaded recently, or maybe a change made to a driver config?

I've been doing this for over 20 yrs and sometimes these odd probs are pretty tough to ever figure. Often, they've been caused by some stupid automatic system update conflict, usually one that's hard to roll back...

Hope you've made some progress.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 07:25 AM   #5
Major Player

To dovetail with Stephen's comments, you may want to try a system restore to a last known good configuration and work forward from there.
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 08:43 AM   #6
Inner Circle

Thanks guys,

No, I did not change anything else. Just had that problem with one project and decided to go ahead with the CineForm update and then it went ape sh**! Now none of my HD programs work.

Yup, it's restore, reload, re-update all day long again. Just sick of wasting my time doing this. Until I get to the point of no more options I probably will not even write support. We all know what every support tells you to do, Right?

If you have ever had kids, it's like finding a broke window and asking them who did it. Each just points to the other and YOU still have to fix the window! :)

I mean no disrespect to CineForm, as they have always been good, but they are not sitting at my computer. All they can say is reload .........................."Premiere Pro!"

Thanks again------Mike
Old January 2nd, 2008, 09:16 AM   #7
Major Player

We've all been there... and usually it's the result of us breaking our own window.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 09:24 AM   #8
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Baggen View Post
We've all been there... and usually it's the result of us breaking our own window.
Yup! Time for some Plexiglas! Restore did not work. Reinstalling everything now.

M
Old January 2nd, 2008, 09:34 AM   #9
Major Player

Mike... one thing that has helped in a pinch is to log on as another user to your OS.

Just trying to think of anything to get you by for your project, then you can take a little time to figure things out.

Just out of curiousity (and if you have CS)... can you import your troubled Premiere project into After Effects?
Old January 2nd, 2008, 09:50 AM   #10
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Baggen View Post
Mike... one thing that has helped in a pinch is to log on as another user to your OS.

Just trying to think of anything to get you by for your project, then you can take a little time to figure things out.

Just out of curiousity (and if you have CS)... can you import your troubled Premiere project into After Effects?
I'm the only user. I have about another week for this project, so I think it is best to bite the bullet and get it over with. Hopefully there will be no other problems, it works, and I can resume. Fingers croissed tha I don't loose other projects!

Thanks----Mike
Old January 2nd, 2008, 10:41 AM   #11
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I'm now confused as you said is an earier post that the problems started before upgrading your copy of Aspect HD. Please work with support, there are back at the office today.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 10:49 AM   #12
Major Player

We've all been there, so you have our sympathy! Wish we could help fix the window.

Like you said, bite the bullet, roll up your sleeves, 'cause you're the only fix-it man that can...

Let us know when you finally heal your broken Wintel wonder.
Old January 2nd, 2008, 02:41 PM   #13
Inner Circle

Mike, you're not alone. Based on the posts here, there are at least three or four of us having this problem. My support ticket has been open for a few weeks now and we still have no answer. It's not a great issue for me as I'm between projects for the moment, but I can see how frustrating it can be if you're on deadline.

I've found that reverting back to build 92 of AHD 5.1 solves the problem, but any build after that results in an Adobe crash anytime I try to load a project created in AHD 5.1.

Tried all the other tricks suggested above to no avail. Only solution for me was going back to Build 92.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2008, 02:48 PM   #14
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Adam, please follow up. Jake has something for you to try.

This doesn't seem all related, as Mike's problem started before he upgraded.
Old January 3rd, 2008, 10:03 AM   #15
Regular Crew

I agree with David. From one perspective the problems sound similar i.e. update AspectHD, load old project, Premiere crash, the actual symptoms described are different from the symptoms I know Adam and I are facing.

Adam, do follow up as David indicated. I got some interesteing results from Jake's suggestions. I could import the old captures without crashing now. I can't use them but it does feel like a small step in the right direction to diagnosing the problem. Even though it's not an answer yet (sadly), multiple feedbacks from performaing Jake's tests can only help right? Especially if you are between projects so can afford the time.

I too can get along with build92 but I don't want to be limited to it so I'm happy to put in time to help diagnose the problem when I can. Being a s/w developer myslef I full appreciate how awkward it is to fix a (perceived) s/w problem you can't reproduce.
Alan Mills is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase