DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Quality of Aspect HD poor? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/111523-quality-aspect-hd-poor.html)

Erich Reisenberger January 3rd, 2008 09:42 AM

Quality of Aspect HD poor?

Hi folks,

downloaded trial of aspect HD and tried it with Premiere 2.0 with two different project settings:

1. cineform 25p (1440x1080)
Quality ok, put preview stutters massively.

2. cineform 50i (1440x1080)
Playback is smooth, but quality is rather poor

Do I do anything wrong?

My config:
Canon XH-A1
Intel Dual core 2
Nividia 7600 GS
2 monitors
HD on SATA

Miguel Lombana January 3rd, 2008 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erich Reisenberger (Post 801943)
Hi folks,

downloaded trial of aspect HD and tried it with Premiere 2.0 with two different project settings:

1. cineform 25p (1440x1080)
Quality ok, put preview stutters massively.

2. cineform 50i (1440x1080)
Playback is smooth, but quality is rather poor

Do I do anything wrong?

My config:
Canon XH-A1
Intel Dual core 2
Nividia 7600 GS
2 monitors
HD on SATA

Did you capture using HDLink or use HDLink to convert the raw MPG files you might have captured with HDVSplit to Cineform AVI files? Does your source match your project settings?

You have more machine then me and mine doesn't stutter. I'm sure that the Cineform Guru's will chime in but this one seems odd.

David Newman January 3rd, 2008 09:57 AM

What is your source, 25p or 50i? Set you project to much you footage. Only turn off "de-interlace while scrubbing" and set "Disable preview playback" -- do you observe the same result. Please file a trouble ticket a www.cineform.com/support.

Erich Reisenberger January 3rd, 2008 10:19 AM

Hi David,

Yes my footage is 50i, I did this adjustments as you told me, but it has just brought a little improvement, it plays now a little better but stops after some seconds and then plays again. Quality seems to me as if it was softer then m2t.

Any other idea?

Cheers
Eric

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 801956)
What is your source, 25p or 50i? Set you project to much you footage. Only turn off "de-interlace while scrubbing" and set "Disable preview playback" -- do you observe the same result. Please file a trouble ticket a www.cineform.com/support.

David Newman January 3rd, 2008 10:26 AM

Sounds like you PC is under powered in some way. Please file a trouble ticket and support will confirm whether your system specs are an issue.

Erich Reisenberger January 3rd, 2008 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 801972)
Sounds like you PC is under powered in some way. Please file a trouble ticket and support will confirm whether your system specs are an issue.

THINGS IMPROVED!!!

Checked "enable overlay surface" - now it is playing smooth, for 1 sec black screen then comes the image - after 2 sec comes sound as well but sync.

Eric