DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   look file utility? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/111531-look-file-utility.html)

Sean Hellfritsch January 3rd, 2008 01:12 PM

look file utility?

Is there any way to switch the .look file associated with a given clip without using the prospect 2k software? we purchased a temporary 3 month license which has now expired. the edit is complete, & we're doing all effects work now, so occasionally we come across a file with the wrong .look & need to swap 'em.
there has to be some sort of utility for this right??

David Newman January 3rd, 2008 01:27 PM

Here is a shell based tool that will do it:

http://www.miscdata.com/cineform/AVIHeaderUpdate.zip

If it is use for upgrading the header to the current version, so you will need version 3.2 of NEO Player installed.

> AVIHeaderUpdate filewithlookyouwant.avi

opened: M:\Bayer\Test\filewithlookyouwant.avi
Current Metadata :

(TIMC) Timecode string :
(REEL) Reel name :
(LOGC) Log comment :

(TAKE) Take number : 294
(SHOT) Shot number : 1
(SCEN) Scene number : 1
(CAMR) Camera number : 1
(PROJ) Project number : 1
(DATE) Shot date (yyyy-mm-dd) : 2007-09-08
(TIME) Shot time (hh:mm:ss) : 04:59:53

(COLM) Color Matrix (12 floats) : 1,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,1,0
(WBAL) White balance (r,g,b) : 1.000,1.023,1.844
(LCRC) Lock file code : 0x17A71276
(PRCS) process flags : 13 ( Active WB LUT )

See the LCRC value, this is the look file unique code.

> AVIHeaderUpdate filewithlooktoset.avi LCRC=0x17A71276

If you want all files to be a particular look

> AVIHeaderUpdate *.avi -r LCRC=0x17A71276

the '-r' is an option to recurse directories.

Sean Hellfritsch January 3rd, 2008 01:44 PM

thanks David.

I'm using Neo Version 3.2.2.148. I believe the latest one. Are there any issues (or risk of damaging files) I should know about?

I'm going to give this a test & i'll let u know if i have any more questions.

David Newman January 3rd, 2008 01:52 PM

NEO 3.2.2.148 is fine. Yes, there is a small risk as this tool does modify the AVI themselves. Early versions had some problems with old files (older than yours), but I have seen any issues since. Backup the a few test AVIs, before batch processing whole directories.

Sean Hellfritsch January 3rd, 2008 01:58 PM

having some trouble.. here's my process:

place avi & "aviheaderupdate.exe" in same folder... (ie. E:\test)

type:
AVIHeaderUpdate E:\test\myfile.avi

nothing happens, line returns to "E:\test>"

i just typed AVIHeaderUpdate.exe & the guide came up. i see something about "updates to the new header".. is this needed?

i really appreciate your quick response & help, thanks!
-sean

David Newman January 3rd, 2008 02:16 PM

No idea. Need a small sample file that has this failure.

Sean Hellfritsch January 3rd, 2008 03:16 PM

i renamed my avi to something shorter & it seems to be working now. i was wondering if there is any way to track down what look files the codes are associated with.. for example, we made a series of "neutral" flat pass looks with variations on contrast & when i open a file & it tells me my look is "0xF2669F13"... i have no clue as to what look that represents.

thanks again!

Sean Hellfritsch January 3rd, 2008 03:38 PM

ah i figured it out...

went to the looks folder, found a .cflook file with the corresponding name of "0xF2669F13" (sans first two characters) and opened with notepad.. there i found the name "neutral 3" nestled amongst a sea of unintelligible script.

i think this helps me out with everything for now... i'll be back if anything else pops up.

i gotta ask though, how hard would it be to port this header update utility to a windows app with more mouse clicking & less command typing? i'm not allergic to the occasional dos prompt, but it seems that a proper gui would make for a very handy little program. we have a whole team of compositors working with this footage & i think i'm probably one of the few that feels comfortable operating under a command line.

sincere thanks again David for your super fast help!

David Newman January 3rd, 2008 04:16 PM

You have a simple GUI is Premeire, but your license has expired. There will be no GUI this utility, yet the is something much more useful under development.

Agustin Goya March 31st, 2008 03:36 PM

Hi David!!!
Is there any script or tool to Enable/Disable active metadata using Neo Player?
I think this was possible using NEO 2k.
Thanks in Advance
Agustin

David Newman March 31st, 2008 04:13 PM

I don't know what is in NEO Player, but it is limited, but it should be able to turn the looks off.

Agustin Goya March 31st, 2008 08:40 PM

Thanks David!, Any idea how?
Agustin

David Newman March 31st, 2008 08:43 PM

If the scripting is installed it will be the Start Menu -> Programs -> CineForm -> Tools

Agustin Goya April 1st, 2008 02:33 PM

the scripts neo installs modify playback quality, but not active metadata

David Newman April 1st, 2008 05:21 PM

Oh well, you can grab the scripts from a NEO 4K install, they will work on NEO Player.