DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Odd Video Problem in AE (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/111583-odd-video-problem-ae.html)

L. Kirk Kauder January 4th, 2008 08:30 AM

Odd Video Problem in AE

1 Attachment(s)
Hi
I'm having some problems getting the Aspect HD codec (trial version) to work with AE CS3.
After importing a clip that had been captured with the Cineform codec via firewire I find the video to be oddly distorted.
Click here for a screen cap or see attachment: http://img183.imageshack.us/img183/3...ineformte3.jpg

I've reinstalled a couple of times on my new NLE for various reasons and every time I've tried using Aspect HD in AE CS3 I've encountered the same problem. Interestingly enough, the same clip works like a charm in PPro CS3.

I can't believe I'd be the only one who's seen this. Any suggestions or possible solutions?
Thanks!

Hardware:
Mobo: Abit IP35
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
Memory: 4Gb Corsair Xtreme DDR2
Graphic Card: Nvidia Geforce 8800GT
External Monitoring: BM Intensity Pro via HDMI
Drive config: Two drives RAID 0 for OS and Programs, 2 drives RAID 0 for Multimedia. All drives are SATA II, 7200RPM with 16MB buffers. Read/Write according to BM speed test & PC Wizard 08 averages around 128Mb. (So you don't think I'm crazy running all RAID 0; my drives are backed up weekly to an external network.)

David Newman January 4th, 2008 10:35 AM

There is an AE CS3 bug when it uses Video for Windows or DirectShow it import CineForm clips (I don't know way.) That means you don't have the CineForm importer installed which has priority.

In this directory
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\plug-ins\CS3\MediaCore

you need to have these files:
im-CFHD_File_Import.prm
debayerM5x5Enh.dll

The easy fix is to copy these components from:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm

L. Kirk Kauder January 4th, 2008 12:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 802523)
There is an AE CS3 bug when it uses Video for Windows or DirectShow it import CineForm clips (I don't know way.) That means you don't have the CineForm importer installed which has priority.

In this directory
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\plug-ins\CS3\MediaCore

you need to have these files:
im-CFHD_File_Import.prm
debayerM5x5Enh.dll

The easy fix is to copy these components from:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm

Thanks for the quick response, David. It did change how the video looks, but we're still not quite there (see attachment). It's still corrupted.
Is there maybe one more erroneously placed file somewhere?

Thanks for your help.

David Newman January 4th, 2008 12:54 PM

Clearly your PC has an corrupted install. Uninstall, reboot, and reinstall Aspect HD. If it still fails, file a ticket a www.cineform.com/support and they will be able to help you.

L. Kirk Kauder January 4th, 2008 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 802608)
Clearly your PC has an corrupted install. Uninstall, reboot, and reinstall Aspect HD. If it still fails, file a ticket a www.cineform.com/support and they will be able to help you.

David, I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. It wasn't until I realized that I was using an old trial of Aspect HD. This box is a new build so I thought I'd just reuse the trial I had downloaded a couple of months ago... but after downloading the current trial I discovered that it had been updated (duh).
It installed and gave me the "do you want to use Cineform with AE" popup (which I had not seen previously) and now everything works like it should.
Thanks for your help. That's one more step closer to purchasing Aspect HD for me... as soon as the monitoring with the BM card issue is resolved.... I'm there!
Thanks again.
Kirk