DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   How to install on premiere 2 and 3? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/111655-how-install-premiere-2-3-a.html)

Rafael Lopes January 5th, 2008 03:58 AM

How to install on premiere 2 and 3?

so far I've been using Aspect Hd on Premiere Pro 2 and now I have Premiere Pro 3. I have copied the cineform folders and files that were on pro 2 to the same location on pro 3 but even though I can see the footage on the timeline, when I press play a black screen with a red cross shows up. I'm probably doing this wrong. I'd appreciate if anyone could shed some light on the subject.

cheers,

Rafa

Stephen Armour January 5th, 2008 08:33 AM

Rafael, maybe you already did this (doesn't look that way from your post though), but you need to download the newest updates from the Cineform website (posted yesterday), uninstall the old CF stuff, then unzip the new updates and install them again. They'll register themselves with the OS that way and should be in their "right places".

Rafael Lopes January 5th, 2008 11:16 AM

Thanks, Stephen. Do you have the link for the download? Do you have to pay for the update? Does this mean that until know PP3 and cineform were not compatible?

P.S - O que é que você faz em Chapecó, cara?

David Newman January 5th, 2008 11:25 AM

Aspect HD version 5 is required for CS3 support.

Rafael Lopes January 5th, 2008 11:28 AM

I have version 5 and I have just updated it. When I drop the footage on the timeline a red line appears on the timeline as if the footage had to be rendered first. When I press play a black screen is displayed on the monitor and there's a red X on the left upper corner.

Rafael Lopes January 5th, 2008 11:32 AM

This is my first time with premiere CS3 so I'm not sure if it must related to premiere it self. Whenever I drop the footage on the timeline I can see on the "video effects" window an effect called "time remapping". The option to remove this effect is not available. Any thoughts?

David Newman January 5th, 2008 11:33 AM

Are you still manually copying folders from PPro2 to CS3? Submit a trouble ticket (www.cineform.com/support) and support will help you out on Monday.

Rafael Lopes January 5th, 2008 11:37 AM

No, I'm not copying the folder manually. I have followed the installation manual. I will submit a ticket then.

Rafael Lopes January 5th, 2008 11:50 AM

I forgot to mention that when I'm not playing the video I can see the still frame. I may move the slider back and forth and see different frames but when I press play is when the problem arises.

David Newman January 5th, 2008 11:56 AM

Sounds like you don't have a correct install. Support my have a tech note, otherwise Monday they will have answers for you.

Stephen Armour January 5th, 2008 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafael Lopes (Post 803092)
...P.S - O que é que você faz em Chapecó, cara?

Vídeo, pó! Temos uma equipé de 6 fazendo projetos de longo prazo.

We have a (unfinished) new project website here: www.lightinaction.org