Neo HDV causing Windows Live Messenger to crash at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 6th, 2008, 01:14 AM   #1
New Boot

Neo HDV causing Windows Live Messenger to crash

I just downloaded and installed tonight the 15-day trial of Neo HDV so I could try it out with my new Canon HG10's AVCHD recordings. It's the latest build of Neo HDV. As soon as I installed Neo HDV and rebooted my system, Windows Live Messenger stopped working. Windows Messenger won't start up during bootup or trying to manually start it. It immediately crashes with the "Windows Live Messenger has stopped working" popup dialog. I also get a "Ulead Video Studio 11 has stopped working" error popup during system bootup. That error also started happening after installing Neo HDV. I'm running 32-bit Vista Ultimate Edition and Windows Live Messenger version 8.5.1302.1018. I uninstalled Neo HDV. Windows Live Messenger started working again, and the Ulead error also went away. Is anyone else having this issue with latest build of Neo HDV causing Windows Messenger to crash?
John Telleria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2008, 09:59 AM   #2
Regular Crew

I actually got the same behaviour from Messenger while testing with NEO HDV 3.2 build 150. It also crashes Sound Forge, could these be related?

My setup:
Intel quadcore Q6600; Intel BadAxe Mobo; 4 GB RAM; Vista Ultimate
Matti Remonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2008, 10:02 AM   #3

Hmmm...b150 is crashing soundforge for me, as well. glad I'm not alone ;o)
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2008, 10:52 AM   #4
New Boot

Is the previous build of Neo HDV available for download? I'd like to see if that version behaves with Live Messenger. It wouldn't be a big deal if I had a dedicated PC just for editing video where I wouldn't need Messenger installed. But on this PC I do use Messenger a lot for communicating with family/friends and co-workers when I'm telecommuting. So it definitely is a dealbreaker if Neo HDV can't co-exist with it. Hopefully this issue gets resolved in the next build.
Old January 6th, 2008, 11:14 AM   #5
New Boot

I forgot to mention earlier that the uninstallation for Neo HDV build 150 is crashing everytime. It never gets to completely finish uninstalling. During the uninstall I get the popup Windows error dialog "Au_.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly...". Enough of it does get uninstalled though to get Messenger working again.
Old January 6th, 2008, 11:30 AM   #6
Regular Crew

I believe that when David Newman chimes in here he will be able to provide the earlier version for you. I do have the version myself, but I would like to know what is Cineform's standing concerning this kind of requests (i.e. can we lowly end users provide earlier versions for other people).
Old January 6th, 2008, 11:33 AM   #7

If you guys have read my original post concerning soundforge, you'd see that David is working as fast as he can on this issue. If he takes today off(sunday) it's ok with me. I've reinstalled build 148 and soundforge works fine. Don't know about messenger.
Old January 6th, 2008, 12:00 PM   #8
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ravens View Post
If you guys have read my original post concerning soundforge, you'd see that David is working as fast as he can on this issue. If he takes today off(sunday) it's ok with me. I've reinstalled build 148 and soundforge works fine. Don't know about messenger.

I definitely wasn't expecting a resolution this weekend. I work in software development myself and know these bug fixes can take time. My workaround for now is to uninstall Neo when I'm done testing with it.
Old January 6th, 2008, 12:38 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Yeah. If just all the sw would have the same level of support as Cineform people give us. So far I have had only 100% positive experience with CF people.
Old January 7th, 2008, 03:41 PM   #10
Regular Crew

For the record, Windows Live Messenger has also stopped working for me after installing latest build of Aspect HD. Build 103. Uninstall build 103 and messenger works again.
Alan Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 03:48 PM   #11

There's another thread reporting the workaround. The culprit causing the trouble is "AJACapturefilter.ax" Unregister this from your computer to fix the other problems. If you're using an AJA capture card, obviously this workaround has problems.
Old January 7th, 2008, 04:27 PM   #12
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The problem doesn't occur if you have an AJA card. New build going up today.
Old January 8th, 2008, 03:20 AM   #13
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ravens View Post
There's another thread reporting the workaround. The culprit causing the trouble is "AJACapturefilter.ax" Unregister this from your computer to fix the other problems. If you're using an AJA capture card, obviously this workaround has problems.
D'oh! I read that other thread as well. I just never put 2 and 2 together properly.
Alan Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 10:14 AM   #14
CTO, CineForm Inc.

New builds went up yesterday. All is working again.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase