what do i need to monitor video out at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old January 17th, 2008, 01:53 PM   #1
Major Player

what do i need to monitor video out

looking for an output card so i can see my final work an an external SD & HD monitor,that works with cineform.

i don't mean directly at the same time, just so i can use an SD montior untill i get the money for an HD monitor.

what are my options?
Dave Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 02:04 PM   #2
Major Player

The AJA Xena line is the only real option in the professional high-end (SDI). The Xena HS, LH, and LHe all work with Prospect.
Old January 17th, 2008, 03:49 PM   #3
Regular Crew

You could get a Black Magic Intensity card.....

and for a monitor, Dell has a new 24 incher out now that looks very nice with many different input/output connections....

Its the 24 inch ultra sharp version...
Ray Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 09:28 AM   #4
New Boot

Ray,
Am I not right in thinking that the BM cards don't work with Cineform - unless the situation has changed very recently? As far as I am aware, the (v. expensive) AJA cards are the only option, apart from using something like an nVidia or Marox display card, neither of which has worked satisfactorily for me.
Graham Kay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2008, 12:00 PM   #5
Major Player

Intensity Card is not yet supported for realtime preview in CineformRT mode in Premiere. (You can capture in HDLink with it though, I am told)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase