DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Can not preview video on a second computer monitor (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/115382-can-not-preview-video-second-computer-monitor.html)

Johnnie Behiri February 21st, 2008 10:32 AM

Can not preview video on a second computer monitor

Hi,
When editing DV projects using Premiere presets I have no problem viewing the video on my second Dell computer monitor. (DVI connection between the laptop and the Dell monitor).
But when editing HDV projects using the Cineform presets, I am not able viewing the video output on the second monitor no matter what I try to do.
Is it my system limitation? or is it a Cineform problem.

Thanks

Johnnie

Premiere CS3
Prospect HD
Dell precision M6300 laptop
Nvidia quadro 1600m video card
Dell 2405fpw Screen

Robert Young February 21st, 2008 12:26 PM

I'm not at my workstation right now, but as best I can remember: Open your Cineform project and open the "playback settings".
Be sure that full screen video preview is checked, and you may also need to check force yuv playback.
That usually does the trick.

Johnnie Behiri February 21st, 2008 12:59 PM

Thanks Robert, was trying it before posting here, and no luck.

Jake Segraves February 21st, 2008 01:08 PM

In the CineForm Playback Settings, check the 'Use Overlay' option. Also, make sure that the overlay is turned on in your Graphics Adpater's advanced settings. With nVidia cards, this is called 'full-screen video'. Just make sure that's enabled and it should work.

If you continue to need help with this, please contact support@cineform.com.

Johnnie Behiri February 21st, 2008 01:25 PM

Hi Jake, long time.....hope all is well.

Some new Nvidia drivers like the one I have don't have the "advanced setting full-screen video" feature any more. (but I can turn the card overlay setting on).
The Cineform "Use Overlay" option is checked, but is doing nothing.
As I wrote, with "normal" Premiere DV presets, I have no problem previewing video on the external computer monitor.

Thanks!

Johnnie

Mike McCarthy February 21st, 2008 05:52 PM

NVidia Geforce 8 series cards are incompatible with Cineform's fullscreen overlay output. Certain older drivers allow it on early 8 series cards. Later 8 series cards are only supported by newer drivers, so you are out of luck. I have a QuadroFX4600, and can't use that feature from Cineform.

Robert Young February 21st, 2008 06:10 PM

Hmmm... I'm using the Quadro 1500 with the latest drivers (2/08) and have no problem with full screen video output from my Cineform projects. Is there really something different with the Quadro 1600 re video overlay output??
I might add that "force yuv" must be checked in the playback settings for my card to output the overlay.

Johnnie Behiri February 22nd, 2008 06:00 AM

Trying to follow some logic here...
When it is a normal Premiere project DV/HDV going to:
playback settings, external device, choosing the Dell monitor, will give me a perfect output.
Now using a Cineform Prospect HD preset: choosing playback settings, Enable overly surface (without or with "Force YUV desktop plaback" like Robert suggested, result with nothing.

I can assume that the card has an overly function since it is working well with normal Premiere settings.
BTW on the Nvidia control panel under "Manage 3D settings, Enable overly is ON.

Thanks,

Johnnie

Johnnie Behiri February 22nd, 2008 10:28 AM

The work around...

Open a project in "Desktop mode", and select all the Cineform presets.
Then, in playback settings choose the external monitor, and voila, now it is possible viewing the video on the external monitor.

Cineform, please let us have an option using the external monitor like in the Premiere settings.

Thanks,

Johnnie

Marty Hudzik February 22nd, 2008 01:47 PM

If this actually works for the overlay, don't you lose Cineform acceleration?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnnie Behiri (Post 830871)
The work around...

Open a project in "Desktop mode", and select all the Cineform presets.
Then, in playback settings choose the external monitor, and voila, now it is possible viewing the video on the external monitor.

Cineform, please let us have an option using the external monitor like in the Premiere settings.

Thanks,

Johnnie

Mike McCarthy February 22nd, 2008 02:05 PM

You lose all of the Aspect/Prospect acceleration by using desktop mode, but that is the only way to get fullscreen output. I use dual view and just maximize the preview panel on that screen, but you still get ui bars at the edges.

Johnnie Behiri February 22nd, 2008 03:06 PM

From the short experiment I did, There was no lose of Prospect HD acceleration.
Applying color correction or other Cineform effects all played in real time.

My real next editing session is on Tuesday, then I will be able testing the system and work flow in the desktop mode.

J.