DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Latest Release questions (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/115410-latest-release-questions.html)

Sergio Sanchez February 21st, 2008 06:10 PM

Latest Release questions

I have a couple of questions about the latest release of Prospect

1 I recorded some test footage in CFQuicktime on the SI2K, the files played flawless in a Mac, but i couldnt play them on PPRO in Windows. I tried using avis on Final Cut as well and they played as good as the quicktimes.

What are the difference of using quicktimes or avi´s in a Mac? because i havent seen any so far. On Mac im using the free codec and in Windows im using prospect 2k.

My second question is related to the changes in the latest CF release Build 3.2.4.154, because with this one I cant disable the Metadata on windows. I tried the registry tools in a past release and they work ok. But with the later I cant disable the LUT´s using the tools.

David Newman February 21st, 2008 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sergio Sanchez (Post 830506)
I have a couple of questions about the latest release of Prospect

1 I recorded some test footage in CFQuicktime on the SI2K, the files played flawless in a Mac, but i couldnt play them on PPRO in Windows. I tried using avis on Final Cut as well and they played as good as the quicktimes.

We haven't focussed on MOV playback in Windows (outside of AE, Combustuion, QT Player, which all work fine.) Some PCs are missing a QT DShow demux, once you have that playback in fine in Mediaplayer and Premiere Pro CineForm presets.

Quote:

What are the difference of using quicktimes or avi´s in a Mac? because i havent seen any so far. On Mac im using the free codec and in Windows im using prospect 2k.
FCP assumes (falsely) all AVIs are 8-bit and will not use the extended precision.

General rule, use AVIs on the PC and MOV on the Mac.

Quote:

My second question is related to the changes in the latest CF release Build 3.2.4.154, because with this one I cant disable the Metadata on windows. I tried the registry tools in a past release and they work ok. But with the later I cant disable the LUT´s using the tools.

Build 155 is the latest. Report support issues to support. They can confirm if this is a file issue or a bug.

Sergio Sanchez February 21st, 2008 06:36 PM

Thanks David:

I´m just downloading build 155 that Jake send me.

Do you know where can i get the QT dshow demux for my pc workstation?

Sergio Sanchez February 21st, 2008 07:40 PM

I´ve read about the new debayer algorithms you incorporated, i´ve been doing some testing in PPro, and the detail you can pull from the footage is gorgeous.

In the release document says the algorithms were incorporated in AE as well.
How can I acces the debayer options in AE? (what is the default debayer algorithm in AE?)

David Newman February 21st, 2008 08:10 PM

It is manual process for AE today.

Replace the debayer filter in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS3\MediaCore with the one you like.

BiLinear = debayerBiLinear.dll
Matrix 5x5 Enahance = debayerM5x5Enh.dll
CF Advanced Smooth = debayerMCFAdvDtl0.dll
CF Advanced Detail 1 = debayerMCFAdvDtl1.dll
CF Advanced Detail 2 = debayerMCFAdvDtl2.dll
CF Advanced Detail 3 = debayerMCFAdvDtl3.dll

I happy to here you like the new filters.

Sergio Sanchez February 26th, 2008 12:25 PM

Hi David:

I think maybe the thing with the metadata controls is a bug. They doesnt work with AVI files but with Quicktime this works all right.

David Newman February 26th, 2008 07:15 PM

Currently fixed in the beta.

Sergio Sanchez March 3rd, 2008 04:50 PM

I´ve tried disabling in the beta too, but that doesnt happen.
It was working on previous releases, though.
Only in Premiere I can disable metadata. But I cant export to Quicktimes from Premiere.

David Newman March 3rd, 2008 04:55 PM

Please send full details to support as it is working fine here.

Sergio Sanchez March 3rd, 2008 04:58 PM

I´m working on Windows X64, so maybe it has something to do with the keys not changing something properly.

Maybe thats the thing.

You send me a edited keys a couple of months ago for x64, do you think they should work as they are, or do you thing they need a tweak?

Dean Gough March 12th, 2008 05:28 PM

Hi David

More choice = better

However by manually changing it in AE you must commit a particular debayering filter to all footage imported, its not possible to do it on a per clip basis. Some types of footage may prefer a different algorithm over another.

Or in PPro you must choose one for scrubbing and one for rendering.

Is this a possible future development or is it not possible within the CS3 framework or do we have to render out the clip with the filter of choice and reimport it.

One question though regarding AE is what seems like a duplication of debayering .dll's. When installing Cineform the importer and a debayering dll get placed in the AE plugin directory and another copy goes in the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS3\MediaCore directory...which does AE use? You seem to be saying to palce them in the common folder.

Wouldn't you manually place it in the AE plugin folder if you wanted to change it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 830572)
It is manual process for AE today.

Replace the debayer filter in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\CS3\MediaCore with the one you like.

BiLinear = debayerBiLinear.dll
Matrix 5x5 Enahance = debayerM5x5Enh.dll
CF Advanced Smooth = debayerMCFAdvDtl0.dll
CF Advanced Detail 1 = debayerMCFAdvDtl1.dll
CF Advanced Detail 2 = debayerMCFAdvDtl2.dll
CF Advanced Detail 3 = debayerMCFAdvDtl3.dll

I happy to here you like the new filters.

Ray Bell March 15th, 2008 10:40 AM

Where are the filters located.... I did a search on my computer and they dont show up.....

are they in the 159 release??

David Newman March 15th, 2008 10:48 AM

Yes they are in Build 159.

Located here : C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm

Ray Bell March 15th, 2008 02:11 PM

Thanks David, is there a document that describes the filters...

David Newman March 15th, 2008 05:32 PM

No docs on the individual filters. Just try them in Premiere and choice the look you like.