Possible issues since loading Prospect 2K trial at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 29th, 2008, 08:04 PM   #1
New Boot

Possible issues since loading Prospect 2K trial

Sorry for the double posting - log in problems...

Some days ago I downloaded the current trial version of Prospect 2K replacing my version of AspectHD-5.2.0.95a. On opening my existing 50 min. Premiere Pro CS3 project with Prospect 2K, I noticed serious latency problems with video effects, especially CineForm Color and CineForm Pan, Zoom, Rotate. The latency is so severe that the sliders are essentially unusable. Fearing a Prospect 2K conflict, I uninstalled the trial and installed AspectHD-5.2.4.107 but the problem remained. I have since tried reinstalling AspectHD-5.2.0.95a with the same result.

Working with Jake, I have done a complete CineForm deep clean as well as a CS3 clean and reinstall. Unfortunately the problem still exists.

I truly don't know if this is an issue with CineForm (could be coincidence that it first occurred after loading the Prospect 2K trial) or an Adobe issue. At the moment Adobe seems buffaloed.

I should mention I have created a test file with two CineForm AVI shots and the problem does not exist. I have also created a new PP file and reimported the existing 50 minute file hoping to clear any corruption that could be causing the problem.

I have gotten back to Jake with the latest but (given it is the end of the week and I have some pressing work to do over the week-end) was hoping against hope that David N. might possibly be able to cast some light on this situation.

Many thanks...

Last edited by David Wislon; February 29th, 2008 at 08:09 PM. Reason: double post
David Wislon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2008, 12:55 PM   #2
New Boot

I think this is one of those "it's a computer, what did you expect" kind of moments. Whatever the problem was I've found a way to rebuild the project without it taking a lifetime. In the long run, I know this will be far faster than trying to unravel just what is going on with the broken project. Case closed.
David Wislon is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase