CineForm and Sony XDCAM EX - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old February 10th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #166
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Please go through support, only they can get the information to determine what the issue is. There never a reason for CineForm functionality to reinstall your OS, everything else much be failing before taking that step. If there is an issue with > 2GB MXF files, maybe you could send us one. Unfortunately Sony only sent us data files, not the camera, so we can't test very large MPEG media from the EX1. We maybe get fewer reports as from the indie film guys (most of our customers) as 2GB is a long take. So while I have heardn't of this one, it could be a real bug. With sample data we should be able to fix it.
Old February 10th, 2008, 05:43 PM   #167
Major Player

Thanks David, I did report to Cineform support earlier, I post in hopes of others trying it out to help verify problems, if I send a ticket to cineform, it bipasses others here who can check also. I would be glad to send one, how can I get it to you?

Mike
Michael Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 07:20 AM   #168
Trustee

Sony ex1 support questions

what exactly is needed to use cineform with the ex1? I own aspect hd and I am wondering what limitations I would have with it? Is prospect absolutely necessary? What is thecworkflow currently like? If I move to a tapeless workflow it sure would be nice to not have to do a ton converting that would negate some of the timesaving features that tapeless normally provides.

Thanks
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 10:25 AM   #169
Obstreperous Rex

Frequently asked (please search first before posting new topics). Have now merged about a dozen CineForm / Sony EX1 threads into one single large discussion. Hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:27 PM   #170
Major Player

Hi Guys:

Just to say file size does not seem to be the issue as my problems are with clips no longer than 12 seconds. The big problem with this issue is it is very random in how the thing goes wrong. Sometimes Vegas will stop working just by adding some files to the timeline, but sometimes it does not stop working until you play the files. I note the cinform converted files DO PLAY well in a media player. Only in Vegas is there a problem so some inconpatability there.
Michael H. Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:33 PM   #171
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd View Post
Frequently asked (please search first before posting new topics).
Sorry Chris! I usually do a good job on finding this stuff. I was away from my PC and browsing on my iphone......didn't think to search deeper. I had just been reading all the threads and hadn't gone that far back. This thread has helped immensely.

Thanks.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2008, 12:48 PM   #172
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael H. Stevens View Post
Hi Guys:

Just to say file size does not seem to be the issue as my problems are with clips no longer than 12 seconds. The big problem with this issue is it is very random in how the thing goes wrong. Sometimes Vegas will stop working just by adding some files to the timeline, but sometimes it does not stop working until you play the files. I note the cinform converted files DO PLAY well in a media player. Only in Vegas is there a problem so some inconpatability there.
This not a EX issue, it is a Vegas. Vegas 8 (likely) some install old CineForm components are using them in favor of the new ones installed with NEO or Aspect/Prospect. There are many post on the easy fix. Basically delete or rename the Program Files/Sony/Vegas 8.0/CFHD.dll file -- it is old and unnecesary if you have a new CineForm license.
Old March 4th, 2008, 02:57 PM   #173
Major Player

David: Support thinks 157 resolves this issue. I will inform them it does not. This may be a clue. I put my mxf files on the Veags timeline and used the Cineform 3.2 codex to render them to a new track as this was a work-around Serena has used, but for me that stopped Vegas working also. Any other work-arouns to try? I'm really dead in the water here.
Old March 4th, 2008, 03:22 PM   #174
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael H. Stevens View Post
David: Support thinks 157 resolves this issue. I will inform them it does not. This may be a clue. I put my mxf files on the Veags timeline and used the Cineform 3.2 codex to render them to a new track as this was a work-around Serena has used, but for me that stopped Vegas working also. Any other work-arouns to try? I'm really dead in the water here.
3.2 is not the current codec. You don't seem to have got 157 installed correctly, which would explain you not seeing what support is reporting. Build 157 has VfW codec video V3.6.1.
Old March 5th, 2008, 05:44 PM   #175
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
3.2 is not the current codec. You don't seem to have got 157 installed correctly, which would explain you not seeing what support is reporting. Build 157 has VfW codec video V3.6.1.
David: v3.6.1 IS what I have. I quoted wrong, but this is what I have and still no conversioons work. I'll wait for 158 before I post to support again.

Mike
Old March 5th, 2008, 06:18 PM   #176
CTO, CineForm Inc.

It doesn't seem related to the build, Build 158 don't impact anything related to your experience, as it is all working here. Sounds more like an system or Vegas issue. As you have mentioned clips over 12-second fail for you, however our decoder has do concept of time, you (the NLE) gives a compressed frame, we get back an uncompressed one. So any file length issue is more likely an issue with the calling application, particularly if the same files work elsewhere, MediaPlayer, VirtualDub, AE, etc.

P.S. Try put your media a different drive under a different controller, even try the system drive. Just in case. More than once weird stuff like this has been due to a flaky RAID controller.
Old March 5th, 2008, 07:15 PM   #177
Major Player

Quote:
It doesn't seem related to the build, Build 158 don't impact anything related to your experience, as it is all working here. Sounds more like an system or Vegas issue. As you have mentioned clips over 12-second fail for you, however our decoder has do concept of time, you (the NLE) gives a compressed frame, we get back an uncompressed one. So any file length issue is more likely an issue with the calling application, particularly if the same files work elsewhere, MediaPlayer, VirtualDub, AE, etc.

P.S. Try put your media a different drive under a different controller, even try the system drive. Just in case. More than once weird stuff like this has been due to a flaky RAID controller.
On my edit machine now I only have one drive. Maybe I should partition it? ALSO I did NOT say long clips were prone to the error. I said it was random. Putting the clips on the time-line one at a time causes Vegas to stop at different places each time. My symptoms are the same as Bill's and Serena's but for them the work-around seems to work.
Old March 28th, 2008, 09:40 AM   #178
Major Player

Cineform + EX1 + Blackmagic Decklink capture

Maybe this is a bit offtopic. Does Cineform allow capture via the EX1 HD-SDI port and Blackmagic Decklink card ?

I want to see if we can use Neo 4K to record the 4:4:4 signal from the HD-SDI port..
Anmol Mishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 28th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #179
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anmol Mishra View Post
Maybe this is a bit offtopic. Does Cineform allow capture via the EX1 HD-SDI port and Blackmagic Decklink card ?

I want to see if we can use Neo 4K to record the 4:4:4 signal from the HD-SDI port..
Yes, HDLink support HDSDI capture through Decklink cards. HDSDI is only 4:2:2, dual link can be 4:4:4.
Old March 28th, 2008, 06:12 PM   #180
Major Player

So its Prospect2K or NeoHD

Cool. So its a choice of Prospect2K or NeoHD. Is that right ?

Quote:
Yes, HDLink support HDSDI capture through Decklink cards. HDSDI is only 4:2:2, dual link can be 4:4:4.
Anmol Mishra is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase