Bayer Raw to Cineform Raw at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 7th, 2008, 06:56 PM   #1
New Boot

Bayer Raw to Cineform Raw

Am just curious as to if its possible to transcode Bayer Raw output from camera's like SUMIX SMX-12A2 into Cineform Raw using Neo 4K.
And i don't mean in real time/capture but batch conversion.....Thanks
Charles Achilefu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2008, 07:11 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We can handle RAW from any camera, we just have to work out the format of the data.
Old March 17th, 2008, 02:04 AM   #3
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
We can handle RAW from any camera, we just have to work out the format of the data.
Hi David,
Apologies for the delay, ISP problems.
Maybe i should rephrase my question. I meant to ask if NEO 4K or Prospect 2K had the ability to batch convert, on the fly, general Raw Bayer data types :GB-RG,BG-GR,RG-GB,GR-BG., from gigE cameras like Sumix SMX-12A2C, which coincidentally has the same sensor as SI2K(or Si1980).
Maybe a Shell-based conversion utility like those you have for DPX to Cineform conversion with commandline options/flags for setting the Raw Bayer data type will be okay. Thank you.
Charles Achilefu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 09:00 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes we have the tools, it just that there is rarely a 'raw' RAW stream, there are headers it decoder or strip, some use individual frame files (Dalsa Origin, Arri D20) others use streaming RAW files (Phantom HD/65.) So I need a little more information from you. If general NEO 4K comes with the necesary compression licenses, so all we need are details to get your RAW streams into CineForm RAW. I'll think about a generic shell utility that end user can use, our current internal RAW tools are not user friendly.
Old March 18th, 2008, 05:08 PM   #5
New Boot

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Yes we have the tools, it just that there is rarely a 'raw' RAW stream, there are headers it decoder or strip, some use individual frame files (Dalsa Origin, Arri D20) others use streaming RAW files (Phantom HD/65.) So I need a little more information from you. If general NEO 4K comes with the necesary compression licenses, so all we need are details to get your RAW streams into CineForm RAW. I'll think about a generic shell utility that end user can use, our current internal RAW tools are not user friendly.
Thanks David, for your patience.After similar discussions with you, I feel the Cineform / Streampix workflow makes more sense than the batch conversion of bayer raw formats.Thats what i will be working towards.
However a shell utility in the future would be a plus .
Charles Achilefu is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase