I Think I'm Narrowing-in on the NEO-HD problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 9th, 2008, 07:31 PM   #1
Major Player

I Think I'm Narrowing-in on the NEO-HD problem

After several re-installs and after being suspicious of Nero and AV programs I now believe I have narrowed in on the NEO-HD "Vegas Stopped Working" issue. I confirm that the avi files are being corrupted, but NOT IN THE CONVERSION but by copying within windows.

I base this finding on this test:
I format my SxS card and shoot scenes which I convert with NEO-HD to avi from the card directly to my hard drive (no ClipBrowser installed) and then open these files in a new Vegas project. No problems.

Now I take some of those clips and copy them back to the SxS card, or I save them directly to the SxS card in the first place rather than to my hard drive, and I then bring them back into Vegas or start a new Vegas project with them and the project dies. I think the SxS driver may be suspect or maybe even the cards! This ties in with the workaround that captures with ClipBrowser and then convert to avi within Vegas.
Michael H. Stevens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 11:25 PM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Wow! Interesting find.
Old March 10th, 2008, 08:34 AM   #3

I've found that if I do ANY operations on the SxS card, other than "copy", without using the ClipBrowser, the card is corrupted, I get an error message from the camera and have to reformat it
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase