I have attempted to move license to laptop at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 17th, 2008, 06:44 PM   #1
Regular Crew

I have attempted to move license to laptop

I spent the good part of my Sunday afternoon loading up a new Dell Precison M6300 laptop for some road work.
I have switched the Cineform license before and am familier with the deactivation, reactivation procedure.
I spent a good three hours doing the activation procedure yesterday and determined that i had mad a mistake. I filed a ticket Sunday a 1pm PDT
I am now on the road and have no cineform to use for capturing todays footage and another evening will go to waste.

Since I have switched the license before I followed the same procedure but no luck.
So I filed a trouble ticket yesterday and had hoped by the end of today i would have my activation number and be ready to go.
I had used the 15 day trial in testing so that does me no good tonight.

did we change the procedures? are we too backed up to respond to trouble tickets?

You have the best reputation in the industry for responding to customers.
I neeed to get this machine activated because by time I get back to my workstation i will have less than 24 hours to capture, cut, correct and put out a blu-ray for review.

Thanks in advance for your help. I assume this is where you go when you are ignored on your supoort site

By the way as much as I dislike them Avid's dongle system is made for people like me. all this protection from pirates is a time killer,

please take this as just a guy in a time stressed crunch
Dan Herrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 07:59 PM   #2
Major Player

I believe you can put cineform on your laptop and leave it on your desktop also,
Hugh Mobley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17th, 2008, 08:06 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Man that was quick

So sorry for the rant. I am typing this thank you to the support team as my activation code arrived and I am about to start converting todays shoot to cineform in my hotel room now.
as is stated on this board often, Cineform has the best support of all when it comes to ths time intensive business of ours.
Dan Herrmann is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase