Question to Cineform NEO HD users : Anyone experenced the same problem with me? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old March 30th, 2008, 06:44 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Question to Cineform NEO HD users : Anyone experenced the same problem with me?

I converted the .mp3 files to .mxf files with the latest version of the clip browser, then converted these files to .avi again with Neo HD.
About 90% of them are ok, but the others just show green screen. When I opened these .mxf files on VLC or Vagas v8.0, they didn't show any problems.
I'll link some of the .mxf files that have the problems here, so please check them and let me know:

http://www.moohobae.com/test/BAE_1155_01.mxf
http://www.moohobae.com/test/BAE_1961_01.mxf
http://www.moohobae.com/test/BAE_1962_01.mxf
http://www.moohobae.com/test/BAE_1977_01.mxf
http://www.moohobae.com/test/BAE_1979_01.mxf

Thanks in Advance.
MooHo Bae
Mooho Bae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2008, 10:35 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Those files are working fine here. Are you sure you have the latest CineForm software, has that issue should be adressed with the last release (ver 3.2.5.159.) If you have that build contact support (www.cineform.com/support and file a ticket.)
Old March 30th, 2008, 11:42 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Moved from Sony EX to CineForm.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2008, 11:15 PM   #4
Major Player

I use Prospect HD but also have occasional issues with the converted files being just a plain green screen. I go straight from mp4 to avi, without using the Sony software to make them into mxf files (is there any advantage to taking that middle step to mxf?).

The green screen is rare and generally all I have to do is convert it again and it works ok.

EDIT: Maybe related is that my desktop is spead across three monitors and if I play a Cineform AVI in Windows Media Player on the left monitor and drag it whilst playing across to the middle monitor, it goes green! I have to close and re-open it to see the image again.

So maybe it's an issue with our PCs?
Old March 31st, 2008, 12:55 AM   #5
Major Player

That's more likely an issue with overlay mode of your graphic cards... If you see green image in your player, try to move the player to your primary monitor.

If you can see the normal image then, your file is okay and your graphic card has a problem with displaying overlay in DirectX mode.

Vista (with Aero enabled) fixes this behaviour by compositing the whole desktop before outputting it to the screen.
Jiri Fiala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2008, 07:22 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Thanks for replies.

David, it was ver 3.2.5.159, and I already filed a ticket, and waited more than 3 weeks for any action, but nothing returned. Would you please check it?

John, I guess that my trouble seems different to yours. All the tools display the same green screens to any display, and I converted several times again, but nothing changed. Normal clips were always normal, green screen clips were always green

Is there anybody who converted the linked files? Please let me know the results.
Old March 31st, 2008, 09:13 AM   #7
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I did think 159 was out for three week ago. The build you want is http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Ne...159-080313.zip Reinstall that. I've tested those links and the media converts fine. Send a reminder on the ticket, as I'm don't directly involved with the ticket process.
Old March 31st, 2008, 09:40 AM   #8
Regular Crew

David, I tested 159 in March 24th and reported to the ticket. Before that, I provided 2 more information to Jake (March 6'th and 7'th), but no answer till now.
Old March 31st, 2008, 09:50 AM   #9
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Please follow up. Support might think the problem was fixed like it is for me.
Old April 1st, 2008, 02:22 AM   #10
Regular Crew

David,

Today I converted the linked five .mxf files on another three PCs in my office. OF course I used ver 3.2.5.159(trial). But unfortunately EVERY converted .AVI files are just green screen. Up to now, I checked 4 different PC, but NOTHING different at all. Now I strongly guess that this problem is not related to PC.

It's really hard to understand for me. Is it related to the language used in the Windows XP???? Please solve this problem...
Old April 1st, 2008, 09:32 AM   #11
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Thank you, that was a good test. We still need to determine what might be different here.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase