Import Cineform Intermediate into AE image quality at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 19th, 2008, 11:34 PM   #1
Tourist

Import Cineform Intermediate into AE image quality

I am having quality problems with imported Cineform Neo HDV Intermediate into After Effects. The video has "mini blind" looking edges, and I can't seem to get around it. The m2t captured video imports fine into AE (see attached file 01...), the Cineform Intermediate looks poor (see attached file 02...), but the same Cineform AVI file can be viewed in Windows media player and it looks fine (see attached file 03...). I've captured the videos in AE at 200% to show the differences.

Background: Latest versions of Cineform Neo HDV and After Effects CS3 running on Windows XP Pro.

I suspect that After Effects is not reading the file correctly; any ideas of what I should check next?

Thanks for any ideas...

Doug
Attached Thumbnails
Import Cineform Intermediate into AE image quality-01-original-video-m2t-200-percent-ae.tif   Import Cineform Intermediate into AE image quality-02-m2t-convert-cineform-neo-hdv-avi-200-percent-ae.tif  

Import Cineform Intermediate into AE image quality-03-m2t-convert-cineform-neo-hdv-avi-wind-media-player.tif  
Douglas Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 09:31 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Check the field ordering, seems to be reversed.
Old April 20th, 2008, 11:55 AM   #3
Tourist

That was it; Field ordering was set to "none" and resolved the issue when changed to "First"!

It would have taken me a long time to figure that one out - David thanks for your help!

Doug
Douglas Calvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2008, 11:58 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

In HDLink set you encoding format to interlaced if that matches your source, then the importer should automatically set the correct field order.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase