Problems on my system converting Canon HF10 1920x1080 AVCHD files to Cineform... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 22nd, 2008, 12:31 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Problems on my system converting Canon HF10 1920x1080 AVCHD files to Cineform...

Quick question on AVCHD support and some of the latest Canon AVCHD cameras...

I've been using Cineform HDV along with the decoders supplied with Cyberlink PowerDVD to convert my AVCHD files from a Panasonic HDC-SD1 for editing for some time. Works perfectly.

Recently, I've been considering picking up a new Canon HF10, so have been testing my workflow with various raw files from the camera.

If I try these same PowerDVD splitter/decoders both in GraphEdit and in HDLink with the highest resolution, highest data rate full 1920x1080 files coming off the Canon HF10, they won't decode the video, so I installed the latest version of CoreAVC 1.7 hoping it would do a better job.

I set the CoreAVC codec to be the preferred decoder, and if I try rendering one of the HF10 1920x1080 files in GraphEdit, it plays them with no problem. Looks like with the PowerDVD codecs/splitter it would bring a seperate file async reader and then the PowerDVD splitter, with the CoreAVC 1.7 installed, it uses the Haali splitter as single DirectShow filter that implements both the file reader and splitter functionality.

In this configuration, unfortunately, I'm getting two DirectShow graph building errors in HDLink when it starts to convert any AVCHD files, not just the 1920x1080 HF10 files. So, they'll play in GraphEdit, but not convert in HDLink.

I tried leaving the CoreAVC decoder as the preferred decoder and reverting back to the PowerDVD splitter, but that also gave graph building errors in HDLink for any AVCHD files I try converting, againg not just the 1920x1080 HF10 files. Uninstall CoreAVC, so I'm back to my original configuration with the PowerDVD splitter and decoders, all files I try convert and play fine except the 1920x1080 HF10 files.

Any ideas? I've been holding off getting an HF10 until I know I can reliably get the highest resolution files transcoded into Cineform for my workflow.

Thanks!

Michael
Michael Eskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2008, 08:12 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We have some enhancement for AVCHD media in the next build that will hopefully help. It should be out in the next few days as a public beta.
Old April 22nd, 2008, 08:41 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Excellent, I'm looking forward to the next release!
Michael Eskin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase