Help: Can't deactivate and Reactivate Aspect HD 5.2 and Cineform doesn't respond at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 28th, 2008, 03:42 PM   #1
New Boot

Help: Can't deactivate and Reactivate Aspect HD 5.2 and Cineform doesn't respond

Help please, anyone from Cineform. I submitted already two support tickets to get my Aspect HD activated again. At first I could deactivate Aspect on my laptop, wich is used for capturing on location, but with the provided numbers I couldnt reactivate Aspect for my Desktop Computer. I tried several times to reactivate, as well on my laptop as on my desktop, getting desperate with waiting work to do... The first ticket dates from last wednesday the 23rd and I responded to the reply for sending a screenshot.... after that.... total silence. The ticket nr is #611-6036652.

The only thing to let Adobe work a bit was reinstalling the older 4.3 version, but this is not very fine, i get strange results...

Below is one of the mail i got from the automated activation pages. I followed all the points for reinstalling/activation but with no luck.

I would be very happy if this piece of needed software would work again.

Thank You for your attention in advance.

best regards,
Eduard Engel
-------------------------------------
Dear Eduard Engel,

This serial number has already been activated. If you wish to transfer your copy of Aspect HD to another PC, you will need to deactivate your existing installation first and provide to us the deactivation code that is generated.

To deactivate your previous installation of CineForm software:
1) To deactivate your installation, your CineForm software must be installed. If you have uninstalled it, you must reinstall it in order to deactivate it.
2) Click the Start Button
3) Click on 'All Programs'
4) Click on 'Accessories'
5) Click on 'Command Prompt'
6) When the command prompt opens, type:
cd "c:\program files\cineform\aspecthd".
Alternatively for Connect HD users, type
cd "c:\program files\cineform\Connect HD"
7) Be prepared to write down your deactivation code. Type "activate unregister" and hit Enter.
8) You will be prompted to confirm that you wish to deactivate. When you confirm deactivation WRITE DOWN the deactivation code. It is also recommended to take a screenshot of the deactivation code as well for your own records.
9) Visit www.cineform.com/Deactivate.htm and fill out the form with the appropriate information.

Best Regards,

CineForm Support

-----------------------------
SUBJECT: Product Registration
CONTENT:text/plain
Below is the result of your feedback form. It was submitted by
(foto@eduardengel.nl) on Saturday, April 26, 2008 at 05:23:51
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

name: Eduard Engel

serial: AHD50-3CB8XXXXXX

syscode: A42F-XXXXX

Submit: Submit

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eduard Engel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 04:11 PM   #2
New Boot

resolved

pfffff this were some sweaty days. But within 5 minutes up and running again.

Thanks Jake.
Eduard Engel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2008, 04:12 PM   #3
Sponsor: CineForm

I replied to your ticket. You should be all set now to reactivate your software.
Jake Segraves is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase