Black frame while scrubbing and CTRL+SPACEBAR doesn't play timeline at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 21st, 2008, 10:23 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Black frame while scrubbing and CTRL+SPACEBAR doesn't play timeline

When I attempt to CTRL+SPACEBAR playback my rendered effects, my CTI goes directly at the end of the timeline and nothing plays. I can play timeline well with just SPACEBAR, but sometimes I get frozen or scrambled video at the start (2-3 first seconds). BTW I always had problem of an audio bump about 3-4 sec. after hit play, but had gotten used to it in my workflow, but it looks somewhat familiar since both occur only at the start of a playback.

Also, it started to show black screen on my program window instead of showing my the actual frame that the CTI is on when I'm scrubbing with the arrows 1 frame a t a time. Sometime depending on if I scrub left or right image will show, but this is not a rule.

This doesn't happens always and seems to occur more when the project has been open for a longer period of time (I'm talking around 30 min here...)

At first I thought it was the project size (29 MB), but even after splitting it in 2 15MB project it still does it.

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 x2 +4600
CPU Speed: 2.6GHz
CPU Configuration: Single Dual-Core
Main Memory: DDR2 SDRAM
Memory Amount: 4GB
Video Drive: Multiple video drives in RAID configuration
System Usage: General Usage also (Email, Internet, Office, etc.)
Camera/Deck Model #: Sony HVR-Z1
Motherboard Manufacturer: ASUS
Motherboard Model #: M2N-SLI Deluxe
Graphics Card Model #: NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500
Product Name: AspectHD
Version #: v5 Build 115
Frederic Leclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2008, 10:57 AM   #2
Sponsor: CineForm

Open support ticket at www.cineform.com/support if you haven't already. We'll troubleshoot this from there.
Old May 21st, 2008, 12:15 PM   #3
Regular Crew

ticket openned, just posted it online too to get possible feedback from other users who may have had this bug...
Frederic Leclair is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase